Chapter 5

Silence filled the area.

Shizuka looked around the surrounding area cautiously, her pale eyes scoping any signs of movement.

Three pairs of eyes from behind a bush gazed at her in wait.

Turning down to them, she nodded her head and pointed to several different bushes and trees.

"Damn... Alright." Akira whispered.

Shizuka jumped down quietly standing besides Ume. Aki looked at the three.

"Shall we try an ambush?" He asked.

Akira and the others nodded. Quickly, he turned to Ume, who blushed at his sudden eye contact.

"Ume, can you create a distraction?"

"O-Of course! I'm on it." She said, furiously nodding.

Her hands dived into her bag and she pulled out a ton of paper bombs and string.

"One moment please."

Silently, she dashed from tree to tree hanging paper bombs and connecting them. The forest seemed undisturbed when she returned.

"Ready to blow." She reported.

5...

4...

3...

2...

1...

One by one, the trees burst into flames. Cries ran out.

"Now!"

All four jumped through the smoke. With all the confusion, it was fairly easy to get by. As they ran it seemed as if no one had followed them yet at least. Every now and then, Aki bumped into someone, but they hadn't tried to stop him.

Eventually, they stopped in a clearing and waited.

No one had yet to chase after them.

"This seems too easy..." Aki mumbled.

"Too easy or just terrible ninja? My team is highly trained after all." Akira grinned.

The white haired boy rolled his eyes. Akira and his arrogance always made his head hurt.

"Let's keep moving." Aki signed.

Shizuka nodded. She and Aki took the lead followed by Ume and a sulking Akira.
~
Hikari streched on the training ground besides Aoi. Tsunade had decided for the fight to be two on two. As much as Daisuke wanted to help, Aoi beat him to it.

So now he sat on the sidelines, cheering them on.

"When is the Hokage going to show up?" Hikari asked impatiently.

"Sooner than you think." Aoi said.

She turned Hikari around and pointed to the blonde woman. Two girls were following her as well. One with pink hair and the other with pale blonde.

"That's Sakura and Ino. They're both students of Lady Tsunade." She whispered to Hikari.

"You're already here? Then let's get started. Sakura! Ino!"

"Yes Lady Tsunade."

"I want you two to fight with Aoi and Hikari."

The two looked at her strangely.

"Is this a test of some kind?" Ino asked.

"Something like that." Tsunade answered.

"Then let's do our best Ino." Sakura said.