Chapter 7

Akira was sporting a large bruise on his face when Hikari spotted him on the street.

"Akira? What happened to your face?" She asked.

A dark look overtook his face.

"Shizuka nailed me right in the face when she woke up this morning."

Hikari gave him a sympathetic smile.

"What did you do now?"

"Nothing! All I did was tell her what happened last night."

She gave him a sideways look.

'What did happen last night?'

The night was a blur in her memory. She remembered eating and chatting with the others. But that was it.

It felt as if there was a huge gap in her memory.

When she tried talking to Aki about it this morning at breakfast, he dropped a bowl and shattered it in shock.

She decided to stop questioning him at that point.

Akira sighed deeply.

"But she kinda did have the right to be angry. She ended up being late to her clan meeting."

He covered his face with his hands and groaned.

"Clan meeting?" She asked.

"Yeah. Shizuka is part of the Hyuga clan. Well sorta... She's part of the side branch."

None of that made any remote sense to her.

"It's complicated." Akira shrugged.

"I guess I get it..."

Akira didn't really expect Hikari to understand how important the clans were. It wasn't his business to talk about his teammate's family life anyway.

"It's a really big deal to attend so showing up late isn't really good." He explained.

"Oh. Then where's Ume?"

"She went back home. Something about helping out at the shop."

"Oh..."

Hikari realized then that Akira was feeling lonely without his team. He looked pretty sulky and it was sort of endearing.

"Anyway, why are you strolling around so early?"

Hikari paled slightly.

"... I was supposed to be buying a new mixing bowl."

_______________

Aoi's eyes fluttered slightly.

The sun was filtering through the blinds, meaning it was time to get up.

But she was really comfortable in the position she was in. She snuggled deeper into her "pillow". She breathed in the familiar scent of rock and sweet cologne.

"Daisuke are you awake?" She asked quietly.

No response.

His faint breathing was the only indication that he was still alive. His bright orange hair rested messily on his forehead. She slowly and carefully brushed it to the side with her fingers. He didn't stir or flinch from her touch.

A small smile bloomed on her lips. Even when sleeping, Daisuke looked adorable.

Now that she thought about it, it had been quite sometime since their last sleepover. Almost 8 years.