Chapter 12

Chikara sat in his throne room, drinking tea.

Across from him, someone did the same, but she was much more dainty and graceful than him.

"She's still being confined to her room?" A soft and delicate voice asked.

Chikara nodded.

"Are you ever going to let her out?"

"Not until she stops with this ridiculous idea of amnesia." He spat.

He glared at her as she quietly sipped her tea.

"... And if it's true? What then?"

Chikara slammed his cup down onto the table.

A servant quickly opened the door and closed it just as fast in fear.

"...That's enough of that conversation Umiko."

"Yes Father."

He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. His eyes softened slowly once he took a deep breath.

"What did the doctor say yesterday?" He asked.

"The same thing the last doctor told me." She said.

The fire returned to his eyes, but this time he didn't speak. His fists clenched on the table.

It was evident Chikara was about to lose it.

Umiko put her cup down.

"May I be excused?" She asked.

He nodded and watched her fix her hair then proceed to leave. Umiko could hear the glass china shattering and tables being overturned once the door closed behind her.

"Lady Umiko, shall we escort you back to your room?" The guards asked.

She shook her head.

"I'd like to talk a walk alone."

The guards bowed and she turned to leave. Once she disappeared around the corner, she grinned to herself.

"I wonder..."
_______________________________________

Hikari sighed and laid across her large bed in her bedroom.

At first, seeing such a large room solely for herself was mind boggling, but now it was just lonesome.

It'd been a little more than a week since her father locked her in her room.

It was rather boring being alone all day. Kumo and Noble sometimes would come by with the servants who came to give her meals.

They didn't really talk to her though.

She had yet to see Mimi since her first day here.

Hikari sighed and turned in bed, staring out the window.

She had already tried to escape through the window but it was locked by some kind of strange contraption. It was the same with the door.

"How the heck did I get out of here the first time?" She said aloud.

"It was quite easy before."

Hikari jumped and sat up in bed.

Somehow someone had entered the room without her knowledge. It was a small girl.

 It was a small girl