Chapter 13

Hey guys! Sorry, this update took so long. Without having the app on my phone, it's much harder for me to find time to write. But either way, here's the next chapter.

Hikari waved goodbye to Umiko as she exited the room.

Once the door closed behind her, she found herself lost in thought, trying to process all the information given to her.

Her true name was Hamako Tsuki, the first heir to their tribe. Umiko was the second heir and her younger sister. Her mother had passed away and Umiko wouldn't go into detail. Her father was that stern and angry man. His name was Chikara.

At least I know where I came from now...

She peered out her window and tried opening it again. Just like before, it wouldn't budge.

Hikari groaned aloud.

"I hate this..." She muttered.

No wonder her pre-amnesia self wanted to escape this place. While it was a grand and lavish lifestyle, being a prisoner in said life made it seem intolerable.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

She launched herself onto the bed and tried to look as nonsuspicious as possible.

"Come in!" She yelled.

Two female white-haired servants entered holding garments of clothing. 

"What's up with this?" Hikari asked.

The women bowed and held the clothing out to her.

"The Master has requested you eat with him tonight. We must prepare you with proper attire." One said.

Hikari blinked at them, unsure of what to say.

Proper attire? Master is probably my father, but do I really have to dress up just to eat with him?

She sighed and gave in.

They closed her door and immediately began undressing her. Perhaps a normal person would feel some embarrassment, but something deep inside her knew this had happened before. 

They brushed her hair and washed her skin until it was raw. The long blue dress with a yellow obi and a dark blue ribbon around fit nicely on her. The servants had tried giving her a new hair tie, but Hikari refused.

Aoi had given her that hair tie. No way she was giving it up.

The women looked at each other nervously but neither voiced any objections. Once dressing was finished, they applied makeup delicately on her face. When Hikari opened her eyes to look at the mirror, she was amazed. Aoi would be proud to see the work they did on her.

Her face saddened.

I wish Aki could've seen me like this...

The servants lead her down the halls of the estate. As they walked, many people stopped and bowed. Hikari paid no mind to them, her mind trailing back to thoughts of her friends.

She wondered where they were now.

Finally, they stopped at the double doors. This was it. Hikari took a deep breath as the doors were opened for her. The light of the room blinded her.

"You're late."

Her head snapped to her father, who was already seated with an annoyed look on his face.

"Sorry. I'm not used to someone else dressing me." She said.

He opened his mouth to retort but chose to hold his tongue. Instead, he waved his hand. The female servants understood the gesture and promptly took their leave.