21: Tetris in Disguise

Rhys

"What in the world..."

The sun had already set an hour ago and Alec and I can only do so many things in a two-bedroom apartment. We played UNO cards, argued, made up and told each other stories that we wordlessly vowed not to tell a soul as we continued the game.

I let out Tripper not two hours ago. He's still growling and glaring at Alec every now and then, albeit keeping his position on the opposite end of the room. I honestly think he's also mad at me now for confiding with the intruder. I'm sorry, baby.

Suffice to say, my afternoon had been eventful... and yes, fun. With Alec. Gasps.

It's seven in the evening now. Oh, I know. I thought we'd be out by this time, too. My luggage and Tripper's puppy bag are already set on my bed and I had also given Rosie a call not three hours ago to let her know about the situation.

But too bad for us, Holland and my criminal-infested mini town, the crowd only grew it's spilling to the main street, blocking the traffic. The local police had already intervened and if I'm being honest, I'm worried that my neighbors will remember who's Tetris Posziel is this time.

I can see it now—someone shouting from whatever floor with rollers on her head and their bedraggled cat in hand, "Oh for fuck's sake! She's in 15-B!!! Get her the hell out of here so we can snort our pots in peace, you noisy assholes."

It can be more colorful, but I want to keep my example PG for my dog. Heck, Tripper might not be capable of speaking, but we aren't certain of the extent of their ability too. They might be reading minds for all I know.

God doesn't send off angels like that without a catch.

"I think you should fire that training publicist of yours."

I hear Alec rolls his eyes. "Oh, he's probably gone by now." A sigh. "I hate to say this but we desperately need a plan. Stat. I think they have something that makes them so sure that I'm here."

"Thanks, Captain Obvious. You finally saved our day, yay!"

"Haha, yay," he says in a bored tone. Yep, his eyeroll is too loud.

Just then, a knock echoes from the door. Alec and I still as our eyes jump from the door to each other. Silence descends around us as the cacophony of deafening chants outside matches the rhythm of our galloping hearts.

I inhale a huge gulp of air. "Oh my God, I don't wanna die."

"You're not gonna die, Rhys."

"What if it's one of your rabid fans who committed murder in the past, and has a huge obsession on you—"

"Rhys..."

"—and decided to kill me with a Swiss knife—

"No one's going to kill you with a Swiss knife—"

"—and throw my body into that crowd—" A hand touches my shoulder just as the knocking continues. I swat the hand away and glare at him. Hard. "Christ! Why do you have to be a famous rockstar?"