33: Tetris in a Scope

Rhys

"Damn, you taste better than I imagined."

He grins devilishly. His eyes never leaving mine as he leans away and lowers his head in between my legs. My heart starts beating wildly against my chest, my eyes widening.

I can't believe we are finally at this stage. Alec and I had tiptoed around each other for so long that we even came to the point where he threatened me to stay away. To get out of their lives before it's too late. But here we are, I guess it's really too late now.

There's a little voice in my ears that is warning me to stop this. That everything is happening fast and I have to slow down. But I look down at Alec who's gazing up at me with hooded eyes. And I just can't. Because it feels good to have him there that I can't find it in me to stop him.

He leaves a trail of little kisses everywhere he goes, his rough palms caressing my inner thighs so delicately that it barely touches. But it still feels so much more. Every touch sending a bolt of electricity down to my core.

He starts to lift the hem of my shirt as he goes upward. Cool air triggering traces of goosebumps as he exposes inch after inch of my pale skin. He looks up at me skeptically as he reaches the edge of my bralette. Biting my lower lip, I give him a firm nod even though a part of me is reluctant all of a sudden.

He tilts his head. "I want to hear the words, love."

"Yes."

"You sure?" he asks. "This is all about you, Red. I'll go where you want me to go. I'm asking because right now, I can feel hesitance and not anticipation."

A sigh of relief leaves me. I sit up, Alec pulls me to his lap and holds the nape of my neck. He looks at me with a serious expression, eyes searching, calculating as if he's waiting for an answer. I have never felt so submissive and small than I am in his arms.

"Tell me what you're thinking. You are high up with me and then you're not."

I start to look away, but Alec holds me firmly in place. I can feel my face blushing deep red. "I just feel like we are going too fast..."

It's not because I don't kiss on the first date. I do. Because there is only that for me: the first and last date. But something in whatever that is going on with Alec and I urges me to thread things slowly and carefully. I have to protect myself. I need to remind myself that more often.

Alec squeezes the back of my neck causing me to focus back on him. "I understand. I pushed my luck tonight." He kisses my neck up to my jawline before dropping a tender kiss to my forehead. "I'll walk you to your room."

He takes me with him as he stands up. The silence in the room suddenly feels suffocating. He's walking ahead of me, every one of our footsteps to the stairs a little heavier than the last. I don't know what has gotten to me, but I keep my head down.

I feel like I did something wrong even though I know I didn't do anything. It's okay to say no. But why does Alec's silence bothers me? He's not angry at me, is he? I have read something somewhere about how men get a little infuriated when they were suddenly deprived of release. I frown. Is he mad at me about that? I'm not sure what to feel.

I bump into Alec as he halts abruptly. I hear a sigh leaves him before he turns around to look at me. I realize we are on the foot of the stairs as wood greets my still downcast eyes. "Rhys..."