25: Tetris in His Watch

Rhys

My ears are ringing so loud from the silence that follows.

The whole world stopped rotating on its axis moments ago, my oxygen supply running so low I think my heart will cease beating inside my chest.

Tick tock, tick tock... The sound of the clock is the only thing reminding me right now that I'm still very much alive and the ground hasn't pitied me enough to swallow me whole.

I'm highly conscious of the fact that my robe is down to my stomach, my nipples hardening as a cold breeze from the air conditioner strokes its gentle palms on the two otherwise soft peaks.

His wide eyes are stuck on them as we remain frozen on our spot. His heavy breathing and the way sweat fall on the sides of his brow didn't escape me either.

Suddenly, I've become too aware of everything he is too— The way his tongue comes out slightly to lick his lips so obscurely. His gray eyes gently moving from one to the other as if he doesn't know which to look at first. His biceps that are so still in my arms as if he's holding himself back with everything he has.

Delusions, maybe that's all that I'm thinking right now. Trying to read so much into something that is so accidental. My confidence from earlier already waned and turned into pure panic.

"Rhys..." he whispers so low that I didn't hear it at first. But it's more than enough.

Enough to put my brain cells back to work. Enough to finally realize the situation we are in. "Oh, my God.. Are you almost done writing though?" I ask barely audible, as if I'll combust if we so much as move.

But Alec snaps out of his trance and quickly scrambles to cover me, making me lose the last semblance of my mental stability. "No, don't touch me!" I suddenly yell, swatting his hands away. He wasn't in any way touching me.

My emotions are all over the place and I have no idea which I should give control to and which I should push away. So I push Alec away from me instead, making him land on the floor with a hard thud.

It must have hurt as he's taking a long time to stand up, caressing his bottom in the process. But I am too lost in my mess of a brain to care. Any sense of awareness is dissolving into thin air as I hear panicked footsteps from the stairway.

"Can we continue later?" I say in a low whisper.

"Um, sure. I'm walking out," he says calmly as I continue avoiding his eyes.

My rapid breaths went on as silence filled the room. Quiet, muted whispers are heard from the door, no doubt the guys teasing Alec about what happened.

It's only then that I realize that I'm experiencing a panic attack, and I've just been alone while completely half-naked with Alec Macsweeny.

And I'm not even panicking because I'm embarrassed.

No, that's the last thing this is about.

xxx

It was a really, really, really long week, so to speak.

Now that Eunoia is slowly getting back on track after what happened in Paris, they have attended multiple appearances this past few days as advised by Holland. Charity balls, hospital visits, small gigs, meet-and-greets, and the most daunting of all, pretending that they are cat persons. Yep, present tense because it's currently happening.