32: Tetris in His Eyes

JUST IN: Alec MacSweeny Caught Kissing His Rumored Girlfriend Tetris Posziel On The Beach— INSIDER

Rhys

For some no apparent reason, the atmosphere grows stiff when we stepped inside the house. Alec is silent as he watches me plop on the sofa with an exasperated sigh. His shoulders are stiff, eyes tracing my movements with an expression I can't decipher.

I fiddle with the hem of my shirt, desperate to come up for anything to say to break the silence. "Thank you for today. I really enjoyed it." I smile up at him.

Alec's lips only twitch slightly.

"Um, I guess it didn't go as bad as I thought."

He moves then. Walking behind the counters, Alec grabs a bottle of wine from the fridge and two glasses. "Let's have a drink and talk. Sounds good?"

I nod.

We already had dinner at this fine dining restaurant he got a reservation for. With everything that we'd done today, I'm not sure if we have anything to talk about anymore. But I'm not complaining either. I don't want to end the night just yet.

He walks toward me purposefully, his presence filling the room so well that I can only focus on him, and him alone. I take a sip of the glass he offered, maintaining our eye contact. The sofa dips ever so slightly as he perches on the other end. "Tell me something about you that I don't know."

I slowly place my wine on the table and tilt my head. I chew on my bottom lip, trying to come up with something decent. I begin to think about my childhood, my parents, my hobbies and Rosie. My high school and college experiences and the past men in my life. I did. But the only thing that came out of my mouth is, "I hate people."

I said it with a straight face and without hesitation. Surprise colors Alec's face before an abrupt chuckle escapes him. Can't blame him, though, I'm also surprised. I clear my throat. "Um, I didn't mean it that way..." I begin, trying to salvage my situation or something. Shit. I don't know, but oh well. "....actually no, I meant it as it is."

Alec explodes, then. His body shakes with laughter, his head thrown back, eyes slightly tearing up with mirth. "Okay, wow. I-I've gathered that the first time we met, so I guess I kind of know that. Tell me something else." He grins up at me, brows waggling. "Something controversial."

I roll my eyes. "Oh, you mean, something sexual?"

I swear his eyelashes batted innocently.  "I didn't say that."

"Okay." Sigh. "Hmm... I've been so desperate to earn money that I tried Go-go dancing."

Alec's face goes blank.  "Go-go dancing?"

I nod. "Yes. It's not an ideal job, but it's not a bad job either. I earned most of my income from there to buy myself my first decent laptop and graphic tab. I stopped the minute I landed my first big project and when I met Rosie. She's the one who got me in contact with some big names in the industry."

"Was Rosie—?"

"No." I chuckle. "The company she's working on was one of the few who gave me the chance to work on their ads, even with my lack of experience. She was heading the creative side of this new product they were launching. When we met, she just called me out for being so... bitchy. Then yeah, our friendship kicked off from there."

"Being bitchy, huh?"

I shrug. "I guess I was too angry back then. I've had nothing, I didn't know where I'd end up and there's this thinking that what if all my sacrifices were for nothing?"

Alec nods as he leans against the sofa, getting comfortable. "I get that. Being in your 20's and finding your purpose? Yep." A sigh. "When we got together, my band, we were just teenagers who shared a passion for music. Going to LA to find an agent was a caution thrown to the wind. We just agreed that the UK isn't for us. We wanted the whole world and we weren't going to get it there."

"I know that feeling well," I say, remembering all the times my parents and I argued because I have a different dream for myself than what they wanted for me. "My parents wanted me to pursue medicine, be a doctor like them. I did study a pre-med course because that was what they wanted. Then I felt myself slipping away as time went by which was why I made the decision to build a life somewhere else."

"You were a college drop out?"

I smirk at him, nodding as our eyes meet. He chuckles, grabbing my hand and pulling me to him. My head meets his chest, his heart beating under my palm. "You said your parents are conservative?"

"Yes. I'm everything they didn't want for a daughter. Our views in life are vastly different. I wouldn't be able to live if I stayed. I don't want them to hold me back that I'll end up hating them forever because I didn't get to live the life I wanted. So I threw the ball on their court." I swallow the growing lump in my throat and draw circles on his chest, if only to distract me from my overwhelming emotions. My voice lowers into a whisper. "I still want to be able to love them when they forgive me, you know."

His arm tightens around me, his other hand holds my small one on his chest and lifts it to his lips, peppering it with tiny kisses. "I'm sorry, Red. Will you come back for them?"

I shake my head. "I want to, but I'm not sure if they'll want me back."

"They are your parents. Of course, they'll want you back."

I wipe the tears that escaped my eyes. Rosie was the only one who knew my story. But sharing it with Alec makes it a lot easier to breathe somehow. I have two people to confide with it now. Knowing that gives me a little boost of courage, that maybe, just maybe, my parents and I can still find a middle ground where all of us are happy.

A comfortable silence descends upon us for a long time before Alec breaks it.

"I'd like to see you dance for me someday."

I raise a brow. "Dance for you, huh? You know, Go-go dancers aren't strippers right?"

"I know that." He rolls his eyes, then squeezes me tightly to him. He leans closer, his lips a hairbreadth away from my right ear. "But I'd never seen you dance. I'd like to have the pleasure to watch you sway your hips for me."

I turn my head, our lips slightly touching. The room growing warmer as one of his hands slips under my shirt, caressing my skin delicately. "Kiss me first, then I'll decide if you're good enough to get one."

He crashes his mouth against mine, our lips melding effortlessly. He devours me there, under him, in his strong arms, like a parched man who's been trapped in the desert for so long. Gone was the gentle, tentative kisses he gave me on the beach.

The night never ended after that.

guess what's the next chapter's all about *winks awkwardly*