My name is Jack

-a vehicle approached me and a woman got out. She had her hand on her hip, it looked like one of those things that Dean had before.

"Uh... Hi." she said. I stepped back, holding Nellwyn. "Easy now." The woman said. "My name is Christine Barker, I'm a sheriff. I'm just here to help, okay? Is that girl alright? What happened to you two?" She asked, offering a smile. I relaxed a bit and smiled slightly at her.

She brought Nellwyn and I to another building where they gave me... clothes to wear. I stared at the fabrics that hung on my skin now and looked back to where I had carefully placed Nellwyn on the ground.

"It's... so weird..." someone whispered, thinking I couldn't hear. "Why don't we take the girl to get medical attention?"

"He refuses to let me near her." the woman whispered. "Head out on patrol." She nodded. The man did as he was told as I inspected my new... jacket some more. I lifted Nellwyn up in my arms again and shook the... shoes that were on my feet. Tied to my feet. Why? The boy from the other building was watching me.

"I just pulled those from the lost and found. Do they fit?" The woman asked. I looked up at her, stepping back and clutching Nellwyn a bit tighter. Why did they keep asking me things I didn't understand? And why were they trying to get to her? "No. I won't touch her. Here." She set something down on the table in front of me. "Have a seat." She said. I swallowed and sat, balancing Nellwyn on my lap so her head leaned on my chest. I could feel her steady breathing, it was calming, in a way.

I grabbed the... bottle of liquid she placed near me and stared at it, inspecting it. What was it supposed to be for?

"What's your name?" She asked. I didn't answer. "Your name." She asked again. Something clicked and I put the water bottle down.

"Jack." I said, repeating what Nellwyn had said to me.

"Alright. And her?" She motioned to Nellwyn.

"...Nellwyn." I said.

"Are you two siblings?"

"...No."

"What are you last names?" She asked. I stared blankly at her. She sighed.

"Alright... Where are your parents?" She asked. "Your mother and father?" She asked. I thought for a second, placing the words together.

"My mother is in heaven. My father... was supposed to be here... but he's not." I explained. "But... Nellwyn is here." I looked back to the lady. "I have to find my father." I said.

The next set of questions left my head spinning and I desperately wished I could wake Nellwyn up and have her explain this all to me. But I couldn't rip her from her paradise. Not yet.

"What's his phone number?" Nothing. "His address?" I had no idea what these words meant to humans. "Email?" Still nothing. "Is there anything you do remember, Jack?" finally, a question I could answer.

"I remember when the bad woman burned." I explained. "The... universe screamed." I nodded to her. She nodded slowly back at me.

"Okay." She stood. She brought over some ink and a paper. "I'll run your thumb print through the system and see if anything pops up, then we can go from there." she did some strange things while I held Nellwyn tightly with my other hand. I stared at the black substance on my finger. "Stay here. I'll be back." The woman said. And she was gone.

The black liquid tasted... disgusting.

"Dude." The boy spoke. I looked over at him. "How high are you?" He asked.

"I don't know what that means." I said.

"High, you know. Wasted, lit, blasted, chonged." Te boy spouted nonsense. "I mean, she's not your sister. So she's your girl, right? Did she OD?" He asked. I remained silent. "Look, I'm not judging you. I'm actually jealous. What are you on?" He chuckled.

"I'm... on a chair... on the floor... On the planet Earth." I stated. The boy doubled over with laughter.

"You're so stoned."

"No no... I'm... hungry." I looked to Nellwyn, then back to the boy. "I'm hungry." I nodded at him.