Dear Old Dad

I was asleep when Asmodeus appeared in my mind.

"We have a problem." He said.

"What problem?" I didn't look at him.

"Your little friends escaped." He shot at me. I snapped my attention at him.

"Y-You don't think I had anything to-"

"No. But they're gonna reveal what happened. They're gonna tell those boys everything. I can't find them." He walked over to me.

"I won't hurt them." I shot. "You promised I wouldn't have to-"

"Calm down." He cut me off. "You're not staying there. Not anymore. You're no use to me there now." He said.

"What... am I supposed to do?" I asked.

There was a long silence.

"I'm... going to let you meet someone. A few people, actually." He paced back and forth, then looked over at me. "And I'm going to need you to play double agent." He said, snapping his fingers. My necklace broke. I coughed and fell to my knees, looking up at him. "With that book I was assuming you'd realize you could find a spell to break that." He explained. "So... I got myself a little bit of uh... insurance." He waved a hand and we were in a dungeon, deep in hell. I could hear someone screaming. Asmodeus motioned for me to go look. I walked over there and stopped in my tracks when I saw who the demons were carving up and torturing. I covered my mouth and stepped back. I looked to Asmodeus.

"Let him go." I demanded.

"I will. Eventually. You just need to keep doing what I say." He smiled at me.

"Let him go!" I shouted, my powers flared. Asmodeus started walking away from me.

"Come to me as soon as you can, Nellwyn." He said.

"Let my father go!" I screamed.

I shot up in my bed in the middle of the night, hands over my mouth, hoping that I hadn't screamed in my sleep. I felt tears run down my face. I didn't know how I felt about my dad. My dad... I hated him. I loved him. He was my family. I didn't want to see him every again but... I didn't want this. I swallowed hard and let out a small sob

"Dad..." I breathed, I shook and started quietly sobbing. "Daddy..." My sadness quickly turned to anger. I got out of bed and changed. I gathered up my things and put weapons and clothes in my duffle bag. I found the pieces of the necklace on my bed I grabbed them and put them on my desk. I took out my journal and opened it to a fresh page. Writing a note and leaving it on the table. It was a simple enough note.

"He has my Dad."