Patience is a Virtue

The morning I woke up after a long night of writing in a journal. I had decided to start my very own journal. It was around 1 in the morning and I wrote that I was an Orinia. I sketched my own eyes after staring in a mirror for a bit, and I wrote down everything there was to know about my powers. I have no idea what possessed me to do so. I wrote down anything I had learned about any monster, demon, or angel. I wrote about Jack for a bit, and prophets before tossing the notebook under my pillow. It was 5am when I did that. I only got up again to write down some exercises I thought could help Jack control his powers. It was a few things I wrote on a loose piece of paper. Stuff I remembered my mom telling me to do when I was little. I always thought they were just fun games to play, but I guess not.

First things first. "Move the pencil, without touching the pencil". My powers didn't awaken until... that day. But I would spend at least an hour a day doing little things like this. My mom always said it was about critical thinking and concentration. I was 7. But that wasn't the point. The point was, I should probably do the exercises along side Jack, it might be good for me. And it might encourage him to see that doing these things isn't... bad.

I don't know what time I fell asleep. But I woke up to Sam on the phone with someone. I heard Kelly's voice as well. The recorded message to Jack? Jack was awake. I looked around me, suddenly worried. It had been a whole day. Where was Beelzebub? And... come to think of it, My hell hound hadn't been sniffing around for a while either. I hoped they were okay.

"Beelz?" I tried, slipping out of my bed. "If you can here me... a sign that your okay would be great." I forced a laugh. Nothing. That wasn't a good sign. I shook my head and left my room while Dean and Sam were arguing about Jack. I stopped in the doorway.

"Morning." Sam sighed, Dean turned around, then looked back at Sam.

"We're going. I'm taking Nellwyn with me." He said. I made a face.

"What?" Sam gave Dean a look that told the oldest he was being ridiculous.

"Look if you want to babysit the Antichrist that's on you. But I'm not letting him in her head again." Dean snapped at his brother.

"Dean." I sighed.

"Go get your stuff ready. We have a job." He demanded.

"But-"

"Go." I bit my bottom lip and turned away, walking back to my room.

I left a note for Sam on the table with his name on it. It was the exercises I had written out that I planned on doing with Jack, but since Dean and I were currently in the Impala, speeding away from the bunker, it was up to Sam to teach Jack, which I hoped he could do without getting both of them too frustrated.

"Where are we going?" I asked Dean.

"And old, old friend of the family. Her name's Missouri. She's a psychic." Dean explained, he seemed to relax a bit when I finally spoke to him.

"What's wrong with her?" I asked.

"One of her friends was killed. I think it's a wraith. Do you know what I wraith is?" He looked over at me briefly.

"I'm assuming it's nothing like the thing in my video game." I muttered.

"You still play that?" Dean made a face.

"Skyrim's a good game, Dean."

"Look. All I'm saying is the lore in that thing is-"

"What's a wraith." I cut him off. He laughed for the first time in a while.

When we got to this dead woman's house the police were taking her body away. I had never been inside a psychic's home before, my mother always forbade it when we walked by and my father wouldn't even drive by one of the places. Dean got out of the car and I could see Jody talking to a black woman with very pretty, curly hair. Dean hugged them both and motioned for me to get out of the car. The curly headed woman was the physic, I could tell, she watched me as I climbed out of the car and walked over to stand with Dean.