Prologue of What's to Come

My job was simple. Stand beside Asmodeus and if someone disrespected him, did something that Asmodeus thought was stupid and foolish, or threatened him in anyway. They died. He said it was a way to save his own energy, while honing my abilities. It was working. I could teleport whenever I wanted to, I could snap my fingers and snap someone's neck without breaking a sweat. It seemed as if my powers were a more... practice makes perfect kind of deal.

One day, Asmodeus switched up the playbook.

"See, Nellwyn. Your powers are a tricky thing." He said as he was sitting on his throne. I looked over to him from where I was standing. "You're a natural killing machine." He smirked. "But that needs to be controlled." He said, looking through a book.

"I'm not learning anything I didn't already know I could do." I grumbled.

"Oh you will learn some new things, right after you can do the things you know how to do without effort." He said.

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked.

"Because I have an actual job for you." He said. I turned to him in curiosity. "See the Winchester's need more than just phone calls..." He handed me my cell phone and a bag with my old clothes in it, they were cleaned, mended, and fresh. 

"They... need me." I sighed. 

"You catch on fast." He smirked. I took the bag and my phone and started walking away. "Oh. And Nellwyn." He called. I looked back at him. "Don't think about doing anything... disloyal. That chain around your neck'll stop you any time you try to hurt or betray me."

I blinked and nodded a bit.

"Wouldn't dream of it." I said, walking off.