Zwei

"The Sky becomes blue and the birds sing above"
D= Daniel J=Jack
********************************************
Daniel's POV:
I opened my eyes and realized my head was still on Jack's shoulder. I kept it there for a bit even though I was awake. I don't think he really noticed. I knew he wouldn't mind.
J: Good morning sleepy head.
He said as he playfully nudged my arm with his elbow.
D: Good Morning. What time is it? And are we home yet?
J: it's about 12:00 pm and we are descending currently.

(A/N I don't know how long it takes to fly from NY to LA, so just pretend)

D: Woah! I was out for a long time!
J: You sure were.
I lifted my head reluctantly from Jack's shoulder and checked my phone's notifications. I responded to a few snaps, liked a couple of pictures on Instagram, and scrolled through some tweets.
I pushed up the tiny blind I had over my window and took a look at LA and how beautiful it was.
D: Woah.
J: Lemme see.
Jack leaned his torso towards me, tilting his head just a bit to be able to see out the window.
As he leaned over me, my attention was no longer on the overview of LA, but on his beauty and his expressions of curiosity portrayed like a painting. I noticed his eyes shimmering in the sunlight streaming through the window, his perfect teeth gleaming inside of his perfect smile. The highlights in his hair showed more than ever now in the bright daylight.
J: Yeah, that's so gorgeous.
He looked at me and smiled so wide. As I looked back at him, his smile faded and he looked as though he was sad. I broke the silence that was killing me.
D: Why are you sad?
J:huh?
His eyes suddenly came back in focus and he looked at me with his full attention, as though he had been in some other world for a moment.
D: Why are you sad?
J:I'm not sad.
He said, trying to laugh it off.
D: Are you sure? You looked pretty sad.
J: I'm not.
He put on a forced smile and pretended to be alright. I know him too well though. He wasn't fine. Now I would just have to figure out why.

Jack's POV
When I pulled my face away from the window and sat back in the seat, I just had to tell Daniel about what I saw.
J: Yeah, that's gorgeous.
We locked eyes. My expression immediately faded. I only saw beauty and wonder in his spectacular eyes. I began to dream.

Bold= in the dream
J: Come on Daniel!
D: I'm coming!
I reached out my hand for him and he took it, wrapping his fingers lightly around my hand and making me feel so very happy.
I dragged him up the hill to the tree I had found when I was little.
It was out in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by fields filled with assortments of wild flowers.
I had carved my name in the tree and took Daniel here to let him carve his name into my special tree.

(A/N : Carving into trees is not very cool by the way! Please don't carve trees)

I gave him my pocket knife and watched as he etched the individual letters into the tree to eventually spell out: J+D. I smiled as he grabbed both my hands, pulled me in, put his hands around my waist and brought his lips up to mine.

But it was all a dream. My facial expression turned from wonder and happiness almost instantly into sadness. I didn't leave it for very long though, and tried to cover it up, but I knew Daniel would notice.
D: Why are you sad?
Shoot. How was I supposed to dig myself out of this one?

**back to where they were in the conversation when we ended Daniel's POV**
D: Are you sure? You looked pretty sad.
J: I'm not.
D: I'm your best friend. I would know.

He put his hand on my shoulder and left it there for a while, rubbing my shoulder comfortingly at a slow pace. I sighed and leaned back in my chair as we hit the runway.
I sighed and began to speak, but unconsciously, as if my mind and my mouth weren't connected.

J: I just about kis..
DANG IT! How will I save this?!
I hesitated.
J:...missed home. I just about missed home then realized we are here again!

I tried to force the realest possible smile I could.
Daniel looked at me with a skeptical expression plastered on his beautiful face.

D: Come on, let's get our bags.
He stood up and grabbed my bag and his.
I smiled a genuine smile at the act of kindness. He waved his hand like a butler, gesturing me to go in front of him in the line to get off the plane.
I felt like royalty, and only because Daniel was treating me like it. Why was he treating me like that?
********************************************
Word count:
823
A/N: Thanks for reading! Please comment what you would like to see in the story. Share with people you know would enjoy the story! Thanks for letting my chapters borrow some of your time.
Till next time!

~Edited~