Vierzehn

"for me to even start
Thinkin' 'bout a topsy, turby, round-about and
Super curly roller coaster ride from my heart"
Quick A/N:
Hey everyone! Sorry I didn't update for such a long time! I got so busy! It's summer how, so hopefully I can update a little more! I'm also trying out a new format for this story so I don't have to use letters to abbreviate the names. Hopefully that makes it easier to read! Alright, without further ado, enjoy the story!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daniel's POV:
I ran my fingers over the velvet fabric coating the outside of the ring box in my pocket while continuously checking the time on my watch. Jack said he'd be here around 6, but it was 6:45 and I was starting to worry. He wasn't answering any of my calls. All of the rings would always end in "Hey, it's Jack. Sorry I didn't catch your call. Leave a message!".
I'd begun to memorize his voicemail at this point.

I glanced back at the tree he had brought me to in his dream. I had managed to find the one he had described. Don't ask, it was a lot of late night google searches. I placed and lit several candles around a picnic blanket where we would eat dinner (assuming all goes well). I had come earlier and carved our names into the tree, just as he had pictured in his dream, but below that, it says,"marry me?".

Hopefully that's good.

I felt my phone buzz against my leg in my pocket. It was Jack's ringtone. I pulled it out and lightly tapped the green "answer" button.

"Hey babe."
"Babe, I'm so sorry! My Uber is taking forever! The traffic is crazy and the driver didn't even tell me where I'm going. You sure I'm safe?"
I chuckled a bit.
"Yes, I told him to not tell you."
"Oh ok!"
There was a muffled sigh of relief let out through the phone speakers.
"See you soon. Love you."
"Love you too, bye."
He hung up just as I got into my place, adjusting my tie and waiting nervously, but patiently for my prince to arrive.

The SUV pulled up and the door opened with Jack telling a quick thank you as he exited and the car pulled away. He fixed his suit jacket just as he looked up and I swore I saw fireworks in his eyes, despite him being so far away.
He ran up the hill, pushing away the field flowers as he made his was towards me. The night stars were showing bright against the dark blues of the sky.

"Daniel!!" He approached me and scooped me into a huge hug.
"All of this for a date night?"
"I guess you could say I'm extra"
I smiled and pushed my hands through my hair, still nervous, but not as nervous as before.
I lead him over to the tree with my hand over his eyes.
"Danny, what are you doing?"
"It's a surprise."
I pulled my hand from his eyes and he blinked, regaining focus, until his focus was lost from tears.
"It's the tree!!"
He ran over to it and quickly stopped dead in his tracks.

Jack's POV:
My eyes scanned the words. Not only was there a J+D, but directly underneath that were the words I had been waiting to see my whole life: "Marry me?"
I turned around to see Daniel on one knee with a velvety box in his hands.
My eyes welled with tears and I cupped my hands over my mouth out of shock.
"Jack Robert Avery..."
Then the most beautiful thing happened: he started singing.
"There's something quite nice about falling in love, the skies become blue and the birds sing above and everything suddenly takes on a rose colored hue."
"He stopped singing and opened the box to reveal the ring I had wanted.
"You make me feel this way every day and I hope that I can make you feel this way too for the rest of your life. Will you marry me?"

"Yes! Yes! One million times yes!"
I broke down into tears as he placed the ring onto my finger and enveloped me in the warmest, most comforting and beautiful hug I have ever had in my entire life.

I'm not sure what the future holds, but for now, life's definitely going to be better now that it's us two.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
744 words

Ily all! Thank you for over 5k reads! That's totally wicked (lol, my choice of words tho). Sorry for not updating, but, as explained in the beginning of this update, I've just been so busy lately! Thanks again for reading and hopefully I can get onto a better uploading schedule! 💕