Zwölf

"Maybe we can walk this Twighlight path together, as two."
D: Daniel J: Jack Jn: Jonah Z:Zach
———————————————————
Daniel's POV:
Jonah and Zach are fighting.
Every night, the tears come like showers of rain on a cold spring night. Nothing really stops the tears, they find a way to stop themselves, but that's doesn't mean they aren't bottled up inside and about to burst like a shook-up pop can. It wasn't always like this. At first, everyone was happy and all was well, but then it went downhill real fast.

It started about a week ago. Zach and Jonah would get in petty little fights like about who would drive the car or wash the dishes, now it's escalated. Zach will say. "you don't love me as much as you used to and I know it!". Then Jonah adds,"I think it's the opposite! You clearly don't love me anymore because I see the way you look at the other guys. I'm just a distraction to you now, aren't I?"
Then it gets progressively worse, the crying, the shouting. Jonah even left the house one night. We thought he wouldn't come back. Most of the time during the fights, Jack and I snuggle in bed, attempting to drown out the sound of the sobs and the shouts with movies and popcorn. Nothing ever works. One night it moved Jack to tears. He said in between sobs:
J: Promise me we'll never fight like this Daniel.
I held his face with both of my hands gently and wiped away his tears with the pads of my thumbs.
D: I promise.
I kissed him and pulled him into a long hug that night.
I feel bad for Jonah and Zach, and I can never tell whose wrong or right. Jack, Corbyn, and I all try to stay out of it. It gets hard, though, when you fear someone might throw a punch.
So,
There's the answer to your question. How's life for you?
———————————————————
332 words
Sorry this is short! It's finals week and also almost Christmas so don't expect too many posts! I'll be back soon!
-Clairett6565