The Gift

Branch dreaded getting up for the day. It was extremely cold in the bunker , not to mention it was snowing outside. He could hear singing and joyful laughter just outside of his "cozy" home.  Branch groaned and stood up , his bare feet touching to cold ground of his bunker.  He planned on staying inside for the whole day , it's not like anyone would care anyway. There was a large blanket draped around his bare shoulders. Although  it was practically freezing ,and he only had his shorts on.  His overalls were starting to get worn out so he decided to make himself a new attire .  He some leaves in the living room that he salvaged from a dying plant. At an early age , his grandmother had taught him how to sew , and let me tell you this ; he was very good at it . And he was only five! He got to work on his new wardrobe . He used a rough material to make his shorts and he sewed together a leafy vest. When he was finished , he admired his work. It was about time , he had something new to wear. Of course , a pair of shorts and a vest isn't suitable for the winter weather , but he didn't care. 

Just as he was about to make breakfast, he heard a knock at his bunker door. He groaned  loudly when he saw who it was. It was the flower child! Branch refused to open the door for him. So decided to wait for him to leave. But Creek just kept knocking on the door. Why was he being so persistent ? Finally Branch gave in and opened the door for him. Branch had nothing to say to him , so he just stood there. In Creek's arms , was a present , that was neatly wrapped with a bow on it. Branch scoffed while eyeing the present in Creek's arms. " I know we aren't friends anymore but everyone , even YOU deserve a present on Trollsmas . " Creek handed the gift to Branch , with a ghost of a smile on his lips. Branch stared at the present , feeling a little befuddled by this. When Creek turned to leave , Branch's voice stopped him. " Look , I just want to say thank you for being there for me. " Creek turned around and grinned at him. " Your welcome . " Creek answered plainly. 

Branch watched as his ex-best friend walked away from him. He walked back inside of the cold bunker and sat down in front of the fireplace with the present in his arms. He tugged gently on the wrapping paper and then he stopped himself . He was grateful for the gift , but he was scared to open it. After all if it was a gift from Creek. Maybe he gave him a yoga mat or some tea. I know that sounds boring but , all Creek seems to do is drink tea and do yoga. So it wouldn't be much of a surprise if Branch got the same thing. Branch scrunched his eyes shut as he ripped all of the wrapping paper along with the bow. When he opened his eyes , and he had a small smile on his face when he saw what it was. It was his favorite snack; Chocolate chip cookies. He picked one up and bit into the creamy , chewy snack. Creek gave him about like 20 cookies to snack on. Branch enjoyed every last bit of his cookie. It was probably made by Creek himself because he learned how to bake at a really young age. 

Suddenly, realization struck him. Creek was probably trying to send him on a guilt trip! After all , he's been really nice even though Branch made it pretty clear that he doesn't want any help from him. And he even brought him a gift! And Branch wasn't going to give Creek anything. Branch stopped eating his cookies. He didn't feel too hungry anymore so he decided to store them in his cookie jar. Branch shivered from the cold air that entered his bunker. He had left all of his old winter clothes back at his grandmother's pod. And there was no way he was going back to that forbidden place. It was all the way in the center of Bergen Town so he'd rather freeze to death than go there. It would've been nice if Creek gave him a jacket instead. 

Author's note: I need to warn you guys that there is going to be some violence and adult content in future chapters. I rated it M for a reason! 😑