Rainy day

Branch watched from his bunker window as Poppy  skipped around in the puddles. He warned her that there was going to be a thunderstorm and she didn't listen.  Poppy was having SO much fun , that she didn't even realize that she was the only one outside. She froze when she saw a flash of lightning and when the thunder boomed loudly enough for anyone to hear. Then , the rain came down harder than before. Poppy banged loudly on his  bunker door. Branch reluctantly opened the trapdoor and let her come inside. " I TOLD you to go home, but you didn't listen!" Branch said angrily. Poppy's shoulders slumped a bit ," I was only having fun." She said in a quiet voice. Branch's face softened and he sighed loudly. " FINE, you can stay here until the rain stops." Branch said hastily.

Poppy took off her baby blue raincoat and hung it on a nearby coat rack. Right when she was about to place her muddy rain boots on the floor , Branch snatched them from her. Poppy looked up at him in a daze ," What are you doing?" She questioned. " I have to put these  away because the mud will get everywhere ." He explained.  Branch left the living room , leaving Poppy alone. On Branch's desk , there was a notebook  that said do not read on the cover. Of course , Poppy began to read it anyway. 

Your eyes shine like diamonds , your mouth is always curved into a smile

I deny that I love you dearly ,so I must be in denial 

If only you knew how much I loved you so, but I can't even comprehend why I trail after you

Even though I love you , you still don't have a clue.....

Poppy was amazed by how beautiful the poem sounded. It was short , but beautiful all at the same time. She had no idea who he was talking about in the poem. She wanted to ask Branch himself but if she did , he would know that she was snooping in his journal. When she heard Branch, she  quickly shut the journal and grinned widely. Branch arched his brow at this , and took a seat on the couch. Poppy saw a comb by the window and an idea formed in  her mind. After all her hair was indeed VERY messy and it needed to be taken care of. She held the comb out to Branch and he stared at it as if he's never seen one before. " Can you comb my hair?" Poppy asked softly. Branch's eyes widened and he shook his head. Troll hair is extremely sensitive and only your partner can touch your hair. " Aw , come on , Branchie !" Poppy whined. The tips of Branch's ears started to turn purple. " Don't call me that." He replied through gritted teeth. 

"Please! I want you to do it." Poppy begged. Surprisingly, Branch finally took the comb without protest  and Poppy sat down on a stool facing him. He hesitantly ran the comb through her messy bangs and straightened them out a bit. Poppy shivered at his touch but she tried to ignore it. She didn't look directly into his eyes , so her eyes trailed somewhere else. Soon , she found herself staring at his muscly torso. And she blushed hard. Branch noticed her staring and he felt a little self conscious. He continued to comb through her pink locks even after he was finished but he didn't tell her that he was done. Her hair was so soft to the touch and it smelled heavenly. He couldn't help but run his fingers through her bangs one more time before FINALLY putting the comb down. 

Poppy looked up at him and smiled. He eventually smiled back with his cheeks a little flushed. " Ok , now it's your turn." Poppy tried not to sound TOO excited. But she couldn't help herslef! After all , his hair looked really SOFT. Branch bit his bottom lip and blushed. He had to find a way to get out of this , but how? Suddenly he realized something ," Poppy , do you hear that?" Branch questioned. " No." she answered plainly. " Exactly !and that means the rain has stopped , I guess it's time for you to go now." He faked the sadness in his voice. Poppy frowned and crossed her arms ," I'm not leaving , you can't make me!" Branch smirked and in one swift motion , she was thrown off off her feet and slung onto his shoulder. Her stomach hitting the curve of his shoulder quite squarely. " EEK! Branch , put  me down! PUT ME DOWN!" Poppy shrieked.Branch ignored her screams of protest and  brought her outside. 

Then he literally dropped her and went back inside without saying a word. Poppy didn't know what to think of it. One second, he was combing her hair and the next second he was throwing her out! He really knows how to treat a princess. Poppy just figured that she could try to comb his hair NEXT time. 😊

Author's note: Btw , I made the poem by myself. It crossed my mind to get a poem from google or something but I decided to create one myself. Ik it was short but I hoped you people liked it.😁😁😁