The Inner Circle

Azriel:

"There is no way I am flying. You'll break your gods damned arms!" Bella cried. I sighed as we stood just past the wall. We had winnowed through dimensions, something that I always felt uneasy about. But we did anyway and we went through the small gap in the wall, to which we just stood outside of now.

"I highly doubt that, I'm an Illyrian." I said, a slight smirk on my face. She narrowed her eyes at me and crossed her arms on her chest. I ignored the image of her buttoning up her shirt, where I had seen her full plush breasts in her bra. I had quickly looked away, ignoring the way she made my blood thrum in want.

I had a hard time looking through the book as she was changing. I wasn't paying attention to the words, my ears were straining, trying to block out the sounds of her undressing right behind me and then putting on presentable clothes. Her small shorts did enough for me to know that seeing her fully bare would do wicked things to me.

She was still glaring at me, her beautiful brown eyes with green undertones seeing right through me. Before she could protest I bent my knees and scooped her up, one arm around her back, the other under her legs, right at the knees. I hardly knew what she was talking about, she weighed almost nothing.

Bella squeaked in shock, throwing her arms around my neck, pressing her body into mine. I ignored the warm, soft push of her body on mine. I was wearing leathers, you'd think they'd conceal me from these types of things. My face naturally passive, I smiled down at her.

"Don't worry, you're safe with me." I said before bending my legs, spreading my large membranous wings out and shooting into the sky. Bella gasped and buried her face in my chest, I tried not to grin as much as I wanted to. No doubt Cassian and Rhys would give me shit about basically stalking her, and then having her in my arms, freaking out.

"No, no, no, no, no, no. I'm not good with heights, holy fuck!" she cried. I chuckled and held her tighter and we flew, I went slow so I didn't freak her out even more than she already was. The night was nipping, and I knew she wasn't shaking from the cold.

I'd noticed she was freaking out over her clothes, wondering what to wear because she was going to meet the Inner Circle. I found this amusing, because we could honestly careless what she wore. She could have gone in her over sized shirt and small shorts and we wouldn't even give it another thought. They wouldn't even give her an unfaltering gaze, apart from her obvious beauty that she seemed to be completely oblivious to.

I'd been appointed to basically stalk her two weeks ago by Rhys when he caught wind that a girl with Fae blood in her was living among the mortal lands in another dimension. A dimension she was not meant to be in. Seeing as I was Spymaster I went, and after two days Rhys had offered for Cassian to do the job. But just seeing how innocent she was, how happy, and how she had such a lust for life-that I grew suddenly protective and refused to allow him to take the job. There was no way in hell I was going to allow Cassian to take this job.

It felt almost as if she was my secret. And I wanted her to be mine, all mine. And I knew I was a stupid greedy bastard to think like that. But just seeing how fragile and delicate she was made the large serpent in my chest roar in vengeance at the thought of someone hurting her.

Instinctively, I held her closer to me. My face grew grave, she seemed to be holding up well, so I risked it and flew a bit faster. She didn't seem to really notice, apart from her nails digging into my neck. My eyes widened, because it damn well shouldn't feel that good. I hoped the cold air cooled my blood before we landed on the doorstep of Feyre and Rhys's house.

°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°

The door flew open and Rhys stood there with a shit-eating grin on his handsome face. His smile only grew when he noticed I still held her in my arms.