'Til Death Do Us Part

Azriel:

To say that I was completely obsessed would be an understatement. I had been hooked since the first day I kissed her, which was two days ago. And we hadn't kissed since then, but last night . . . or rather this morning, it almost killed me. Just kissing her was unraveling me, but fuck her desire for me, watching her come was like Starfall came early. It was my favorite holiday, but I knew that if I had to chose between being with her or seeing Starfall, I would choose Bella.

We were around the breakfast table, eating cold meats or sandwiches. Bella sat opposite me, eating her sandwich, a small smile on her face. Every time I spied the hickey on her neck, a strong sense of pride would burst through me. I hoped that whoever looked at it would know that she was mine. All mine. We had clarified it last night that we would be together, and with no one else. Ever. She had my full loyalty, my heart. She had my everything. I just hoped I had her everything as well. We had stayed up talking for a while before we fell asleep.

I had teased her, I asked her that since I was her favorite character in the novels in her dimension, did she ever write a fanfiction about me, or us. She had flushed like crazy and hid her face, nervously laughing. I had laughed and begged her to let me see, but she only shoved my shoulder and cried out a 'no!'. Usually, I wasn't a fan of a girl mockingly shoving my shoulder. Usually it was because they were flirting. But damn it if I loved Bella doing it, because she was not flirting or trying to appear sexy.

Amren was eyeing the purple - red love bite on the left side of her neck with narrowed eyes, I sipped on my drink to try and contain my smile as she sipped on her blood.

"Where did you get that hickey from, Petal?" She asked, looking like a mother ready to destroy whoever it was who marked her daughter with such sexual intentions. It made me almost choke on my drink, because Amren and I were the deadliest in the Inner Circle. It would be interesting to see her try.

Bella paused her eating, mouth full of food. She stared at Amren, who was still glaring at the marking on her neck. But this time, everyone had turned and looked at her neck. She winced as she swallowed her food and shrunk back at everyone's gaze. She looked so uncomfortable that I had an overwhelming, sudden, urge to bark at everyone to knock it off.

"What hickey?" she asked quietly. I stared at her, pretending to be curious. No one would suspect it was me, but Rhys, it seemed. Because he turned a knowing look to me, I schooled my face into near unreadable. But he only winked as if to say, 'Whatever you say, Pumpkin.'

"The hickey on your neck, surely you would remember acquiring it. Where did you go last night?" Bella frowned and pretended to think, but her eyes went to me as if asking permission to tell them. I shrugged, Cassian raised his brows at me, and I went back to eating. But inside, I was shitting myself. I wanted to be selfish have this relationship just between us for now, because we all knew the inevitable and everyone would try to protect me. I wanted to enjoy her without getting lectured every day.

I wanted to enjoy my mate for as long as I could.

I could never ask her to leave her family. Family meant everything to her, so I could never do it. Which meant she would leave me, we both knew it. We felt it last night, and it tore me apart.

Bella nodded slightly so it seemed casual to everyone else, but I knew she was telling me that though I was so unreadable - she could read me like an open book, and she knew what I was thinking.

"I went to bed last night. I have no idea how it got there, it might just be a bruise, I bruise easily. I was training with Rhys earlier too, I probably got it from then." She shrugged. Rhys nodded his head.