Saving Sylas

Azriel:

"This is it?" Bella asked as we stood in front of the glowing, glittering portal. It did not look like any portal we'd ever been through, they were usually as black as night.

But the wind from the separated worlds blew the hair that had escaped Bella's tight braid that Mor had woven in her hair. Elain had tucked a few flowers in for good luck.

She was staying back, Nesta staying along with her to make sure Velaris was safe.

Cassian, Feyre, Rhys, Bella, Mor, Amren, Lucien and I were all standing around the portal.

It hummed, kissing and caressing my skin. Adrenaline shot through my veins. I knew Cassian and Lucien both felt uneasy leaving their mates, but they also knew they were safe.

Last night, Rhys and Feyre had moved Bella's stuff into my room, just knowing we would mate at the cabin. So they took it upon themselves to move her stuff to my room - not that I complained. At all. Seeing her clothes in my closet, it felt so real. So good.

When Bella was sleeping last night, I sent a letter to Rhys, asking for his help. I wanted to move into a town house with her. I knew she loved them, and I knew she wanted to move in with me too.

Rhys had instantly agreed, saying he'll do whatever I wanted and help with whatever I needed. I owed the man my life at this point.

I placed my hand on the small of my mates back, suppressing the growl that threatened to slip out whenever one of the men would look at her. I was never like this, I knew it was because we were so freshly mated. I felt possessive, territorial. She seemed to only be enjoying it, thinking it was amusing just how one look at a male from the Inner Circle had them paling.

"This is it." Rhys sighed, his golden glow dull due to the unearthly wrongness radiating off the portal.

Bella looked up as me as I ran my hand up and down her back, feeling her Illyrian leathers, and her eyes met mine. Her beautiful eyes were so tender and full of immortal love - I just knew it was reflected in mine too.

And when our eyes met, we confirmed the plan we made when we got dressed in our leathers earlier. They had no idea.

They all thought that we were going to talk to Loki, and try to bring Sylas back. Or kidnap him. They had no idea what Bella and I had up our sleeves.

Bella was a genius, she had come up with most of the plan - I had imputed a few things, and Bella had only thought them to be brilliant. So we created a plan to bring the gods to shame. A plan full of manipulation and thieving, trickery and lies.

We were fooling the god of trickery.

"When do we leave?" Mor asked, smiling faintly at the flowers in Bella's hair. I fell in love with the flowers in my mates hair.

Mor and I locked eyes, and I nodded. I fell out of love with her, she wasn't hurting me anymore. I was happy. I wouldn't spend every waking hour wondering why she couldn't love me back, I wouldn't almost cry myself to sleep. I wouldn't have insecurities. I was free. Mor smiled again and looked at Bella. Then looked back at me.

'I never deserved you,' she said. 'But she does, you deserve her. Be happy, for as long as you can.'

'Yes.' I replied. I looked back down at my every thing, my world.

I was happy.

I kissed the top of Bella's head.

"Now." Cassian grumbled.

"I love you." I whispered into her hair. Bella got on her tip toes and kissed my leathers over my heart.

"I love you too." We nodded, faces turning grave as we turned to the portal, and took a step forward.