Training with the General

Bella:

"Rise and shine Sleeping Beauty!" I groaned loudly and turned around in my warm soft sheets, covering my head with a goose-feather pillow.

"Go away Cassian, you said I could sleep in."

"I did, it's seven." He ripped the pillow off my head and tossed the covers off me. I hissed at the sudden coldness, my limbs spread all over the large, impossibly soft mattress.

My room was so big I felt like I was in a studio apartment.

"I don't know what world you live in, but seven a.m. is not sleeping in. This is cruelty." I argued, flipping my head from my face and glaring up at his chuckling form with blurry eyes.

"I live in the real world. And in this real world, you need to start training ASAP if you want to master your magic and find your brother." He'd tied his hair back with a worn leather strap, and he was probably the only man I though looked fucking amazing with a man bun.

"Fuck you." I growled into my pillow.

"If I wasn't with Nesta, definitely." He winked and turned away before he caught my blazing cheeks. "Meet me on the rooftop in five minutes."

"That's not nearly enough-!" I started to protest but the door slammed closed. I slumped into the mattress. "time."

"You're doing this for Sylas, also because you suddenly have cool magical abilities, but you have to endure your least favourite thing in the world in able to play with it."

I closed my eyes and slugged out of bed. While repeating, "I'm doing this for Sylas."

I couldn't sleep all night, all I could think about was my parents. The extent they went to to keep me safe. How much they still loved me after coming out as something I wasn't supposed to be.

Then my mind was occupied by Sylas. Where he was, how I could help him, what extent I would go to to get him back, make sure he was safe. I knew Sylas could handle his own, but still, there was this overwhelming protectiveness that conquered me. I would do anything to keep him safe, and I would destroy anyone who hurt him.

And it was all for him, that I dressed in some leggings and an over-sized shirt, and met Cassian up on the rooftop seven minutes later.

°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°

"You're two minutes late." he said, arms crossed on his chest.

I held up my hands.

"Hey, I'm a girl."

"I can see that."

I ignored him, rolling my eyes.

"And being a part of a girl means freshening up." He sighed and smirked.

"I'm going to kick your ass at this training." I narrowed my eyes at him, and crossed my arms on my chest.

No way was I going to allow him to make a fool out of me. And so I smirked.

"I don't break easily."

"We'll see about that."

°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°

"Breaking yet, Princess?"

"You kidding? That was just a warm up." I wheezed, trying to suck in large amounts of air into my closed lungs. He snorted, hardly a drop of sweat on his brow. I glared at him when he turned around and gasped for breath.

Cassian's idea of light training was running for thirty minutes, sit ups, squats and sparring. I had hardly lasted two seconds into running, I didn't even know if I knew how to run for sport.I could feel the blood rushing to my head, pounding against my oddly aching ears. My throat was dry and I felt as if glass was embedded into my flesh. My legs were shaking and my thighs were aching.