Training with the Spymaster

Azriel:

Seeing the remains of her breakdown almost had me to my knees in front of her. Almost had me begging her to tell me exactly everything about her. Something had happened to her, though it seemed that it hadn't really messed her up as much as it probably did to others. She was strong. So strong, in so many ways, that when I helped her through the basic defense skills, I was taken aback.

She easily flipped me on my back when I had snuck up behind her. She grasped my left arm in her hand and twisted before flipping me over onto my back. She straddled me, arm bent, dagger pressed lightly to my throat. A feral, savage look was in her eye, a look that was new to her nature. She bared her teeth, her face flushed red due to overheating, a sheen of sweat beading her forehead, down her neck, across the top of her breasts.

I did my best to look up at her face that was now grinning, her eyes young and fucking wild. It would be a miracle that I don't go mad from trying to resist her. I knew I wasn't good enough for her, but dammit I still had hope that maybe I was just enough for her. Because fuck it, a few long weeks of her being here and I was falling so hard. I felt like a damn boy again. And it unnerved me. It unnerved me how much power she held without even knowing. She held my heart in her hands and with a single flex of her fist she could crush it. And I would allow it.

"Just so you should know," I grunted, my arm still bent. She flushed and quickly got off me, letting my arm go, the dagger to drop to the floor. "You did great. Amren will be training you into shifting tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? I thought it would be weeks before - "

"Yes, but your progress is fantastic. And seeing as we don't have weeks, Sylas's life is at risk. We have no idea what Loki wants with him, but we need to get him back. As soon as possible." I said as I rotated my arm, my muscles tense.

She nodded her head, hair tied back from her lovely face. She sat cross legged, and she looked so small. So young.

"Your connections and theories are nothing short of brilliant." She blushed beautifully and I smiled. "We need to act fast. Rhys and Feyre have been reading up on rips in our dimension, sending to Asgard. If I could get to your dimension, then no doubt, due to a powerful portal, we could get to Asgard, more importantly, Jotunheim. It's just a matter of precaution. We will be facing Frost Giants. Gods much stronger than any of us, we're powerful but to them, we're as comical as mortals."

Bella stared at me, soaking in every piece of information I gave. She was determined. Always determined. And it was her determination and loyalty and love and compassion that rocked me.

Looking around, everyone was honestly surprised Amren hadn't found an excuse to watch and analyse the training sessions. But then again, Amren didn't need an excuse. She was currently visiting the Summer Court, seeing her long-time boyfriend Varian.

Bella fiddled with her fingers, they shook. I stared at her, feeling every ounce of fear in her. And I wondered what set it off.

"It's going to hurt, isn't it? Shifting?" It was a mere whisper and it set my body on fire. Her fear of pain was almost as prominent as her fear of the dark.

I nodded my head. She took in a shaky breath and nodded, gulping. She was fucking terrified. I could see it, she was an open book that I was addicted to reading.

"Only the first few times. But I promise, if it hurts too much, you don't have to do it. We will never force you to do something you don't want to do. I'll be right there. I won't leave your side." I promised. Bella smiled at me and nodded her head.

"I don't doubt it for one second." she said. She shook her head and sighed, getting up. "Well, if I'm starting my shifting tomorrow, then I better prepare."