It's been so long-Red X Reader

"Arcanine! Hang in there..." You said to your Pokémon, huddled up in a cave near the summit of Mount Silver. You heard rumors of a powerful Pokémon Trainer on the summit of Mt. Silver, so you went to investigate. Whilst doing so, your Arcanine got poisoned by a Golbat.

"Don't worry, Arcanine. I'll find some wood or something to start a fire..." You said, rubbing your Pokémon's back. It whined as a result. It was in serious pain. "Chaney, use Aromatherapy." You said as you sent your Chansey out. "Keep Arcanine safe, okay?" You said, Chansey nodding in response.

It was freezing. All you had to keep yourself warm was a (FavoriteColor) jacket. You were walking for what seemed like forever, only scrounging up a few twigs, when you saw a figure in the distance. It was strange. The way he stood looked familiar, and so was his silhouette. You walked closer, hoping to find some help from this figure.

"E-Excuse me... I-I need some help..." You said, standing behind the male. "....."

"Um, Sir? I-I need some help... see, my P-Poké-" He turned around suddenly. "Get lost." He said, his head lowered so you couldn't see his face. You got closer to him, hoping to see at least a bit of his face.

"Sir, y-you don't understand. My Arcanine, he's p-poisoned. I don't have an A-Antidote or anything, so I need h-help." You said, looking up at him. "....." You teared up a bit. You were going to lose your best friend. You just gave up, burying your head into the male's chest, crying. The male stroked your cheek, looking up as he did. "... (Y/N)." He said. You knew who it was then.

"It's been too long."

"W-Wait a minute... Red?!" You said in disbelief. "(Y/N). Take me to your Arcanine. I'll help it, don't worry." He said, brushing your hair out of your face. You nodded.

You shivered during the journey back to the cave, slowing down the journey. Red wrapped his arms around you, pushing your cold body against his warm body. You felt calm and albeit a little flustered in his arms. You couldn't explain it. You Two were best friends as children, but he ran away after he finished his Pokémon journey a few years back, leaving you heartbroken.

TIME SKIPERONI

"Use this herb. It may be bitter, but it'll help." Red said, handing you the Revival Herb. You nodded and grinded it up into a paste. After that, you fed it to Arcanine. He cringed at the taste, but swallowed it anyway.

"Thank you, Red. How could I ever repay you?" You asked, hugging him. "...Come up here tomorrow. There's something up here that I'll do that'll change your mind about this place." He said. You nodded, getting Arcanine back in it's Pokéball, along with Chansey.

TIME CHEESE SKIP NO F*CK

You reached the summit of Mount Silver, seeing Red on the edge. You stood beside him, admiring the view. "(Y/N)." "Hm?" You said, looking at Red. "Do you know what I'm gonna do?" He asked, moving closer. "What is i-"

You were met with soft lips pressed against yours, beaming with passion. You kissed back, loving every second of it. When you and Red finally pulled away, he got close to your ear.

"You."