{Chappie 8}

~Squip's POV~

She hissed, holding onto the small of her back as some guy failed to flip over a railing and hit it with his back.

"That is something I never understood about you humans," I quipped, gaining her attention,"how you can feel pain that didn't happen to you."

(Y/N) laughed, pausing Ridiculousness. "It's because we are magic."

I started to work that out, searching through history to find if there was examples of magic, then was stopped by (Y/N) hitting me in the arm.

"That was a joke, Squip. People do that because we have sympathy. Know what that is?"

"Sym·pa·thy, Noun.
Feelings of pity and sorrow for someone else's misfortune." I rattled it off without even missing a beat.

"Not the definition -though that's right-. Have you ever felt sympathy towards someone?" (Y/N) stared at me, her (eye color) eyes locked with my blue, artificial ones.

"No. Sympathy and most other emotions are not coded into my program."

I ticked off 1 on a new counter.

Every time I lie to (Y/N).

~Y'alls POV~

My bullshit radar was going off.

He had looked away, just for a split second, when he said he doesn't have sympathy.

I lean back, smiling. "Okay then- WAIT."

Squip just stared at me, a little confused.

"Fingernail painting?" I asked, lifting my hands up.

At that moment, my mom decided to walk in.

"Still talking to your Squip?" She asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Yes, actually. He doesn't understand sympathy." I respond smoothly.

Squip, on the other hand, looked goddamn nervous all of a sudden.

My mom shook her head. "I wonder why we don't put you in an mental asylum."

"Because you love me?"

"If we loved you, we would be visiting you as you weave baskets."

I rolled my eyes, and watched her walk back out, calling over her shoulder, "Mr. Heere and his son Jeremy are coming over in two days. Please make your room at least semi-decent."

"Okay!" I turn back to Squip, but stop at the look on his face.

He was nervous before; now he looked terrified.

Was Jeremy his last user?

{{ there ya go. Bam.

Also, next chapter will explain how they know each other

Bye my Squips and Bye Y'all!~}}