CHAPTER 2: Phone Call #1- Stark

It was a normal day in Stark Tower. That was until the call from hell. Tony was simply helping his daughter make a suit of her own when the phone rang.

"Sir, it is Maria Hill from S.H.E.I.L.D.", JARVIS said. Tony sighed and grumbled something unacceptable for virgin ears.

"Tell them to piss off someone else.", he said while fixing a wire on the arm piece.

"Sir, they demand you answer the phone." The A.I.'s voice rang throughout the workroom. Tony connected.

"You have reached the life model decoy of Tony Stark. Please don't leave a message at the tone."

"Stark, this is important.", Hill grimly answered.

"Can't you send out your buff boy scout to do the job?", he whined.

"I'm afraid we need to reassemble the Avengers for this one."

"I can't. I'm too out of practice. Not to mention my physique is not what it used to be."

"What about your children?", Hill retorted. Tony sat up and his daughter looked up from her blueprints.

"If you think I would send my little girl into the warzone, you've gone bat shit insane. I don't care if the world was in peril, I would never offer up my daughter like some sort of tribute in the Hunger Games." Angrily, Tony disconnected. He didn't care if S.H.E.I.L.D. was comepletely hopeless. His darling little girl would never get in harms way. Little Stella Stark would always be protected.