CHAPTER 16: Aftermath

Drew-Hulk burst into the room just as the rusty knife was about the slice Stella's neck. Kris cursed and the rest of the crew grabbed guns and jumped out of the helicarrier.

"NO ONE HURT STELLA! YOU BE SMASHED!", Drew-Hulk roared as he smashed Kris into the ground multiple times. After about 40 powerful hits, Kris looked dead. Drew-Hulk grunted in approval and went over to break the cuffs. Once all of them were free, Stella put on her suit and Drew-Hulk hugged her. "Creepy man no hurt you?", he quietly asked. She smiled and kissed his nose.

"I'm fine, Drew.", she hugged him. He patted her head. Jamie, Astrid and Hailey burst out of the scene and ran to go on the ground. The others followed their lead. The fighting was horrid. Astrid tricked so many people using magic, and Stella killed them with her beams. The group collectively was taking down at least thirty soldiers in one attack. Then, all hell broke loose. Lexie ran out of arrows. Berwald's attacks became slower. Drew-Hulk's power was fading. Stella got shot down. The only reason they survived was Jamie. As they left the ship, he had gotten a small control panel. It turned out the soldiers were robots, powered by one source of energy. He pressed the button, and all of them died. Then, he made the ships self-destruct. Drew-Hulk took Stella in his arms and ran to the hospital where frightened doctors were hiding. He handed her body to them and gave one simple instruction.

"Keep alive."

*********************************************************

At the same moment the robots died, Astrid's little sister was born. It took Darcy a whole entire day, but it was finally over. The little girl rested in her mother's arms and Loki smiled at the child.

"Maria."

"What?"

"Her name is Maria."

"Why?", Loki asked.

"After Astrid we agreed I had full naming rights.", Darcy argued. Loki sighed. "Maria Jane Lewis." The baby smiled in her sleep. It was a perfect name for a perfect child.

*********************************************************

A few weeks after the incident, Stark Tower was up and running. Drew stopped by in the hospital to see Stella everyday. She hadn't awoken, but her condition was stable. Finally, she blinked open her eyes. Drew was nowhere to be seen. Reaching for her phone, she called him.

"Hello?", he said.

"Drew, I'm awake. I want to see you now.", Stella demanded. She heard a falling of papers and a scurrying.

"I'll be right there!", he said while hailing a taxi.

He rushed into her hospital room and ran over to her. He was gentle but urgent, and kissed her, cupping her face in his hands. She kissed back, playing with a curl on the back of his head. They broke apart, gasping for air.

"Well someone is excited to see me.", she smirked.

"I missed you while you were out." Drew held her hand and layed his head in her lap. She played with his messy chocolate curls lazily.

"Sleepy?" Drew nodded. "How long were you working?" He held up four fingers to tell her four days straight. "Sleep then." Before she was finished speaking, he was passed out. She smiled and leaned back, falling asleep.

When Tony came in and saw Drew and Stella, he squealed. Being quiet, he took out his phone and snapped a picture, sending it to Bruce and Betty. They would appreciate how cute the couple was. While he left the room since Stella was okay, she stirred awake and he went back in.

"You've attained a man.", he said, pointing to Drew. Stella blushed.

"Shut up.", she muttered. He laughed.

*********************************************************

Astrid had went back to Asgard. She needed to see her baby sister. She walked into the room and her father got up, hugging her. Darcy just smiled at her from the bed, motioning for Astrid to come over. The baby girl was looking around with wide green eyes and she smiled at her sister. Astrid held out her arms for the child and Maria was passed to her. The big sister stared at her new sibling, and Maria grabbed a piece of her hair, yanking it very strongly.

"Ow!", Astrid screeched. Maria cackled, revealing gummy jawlines. Astrid scowled while Darcy and Loki laughed.

"She gets it from you.", Darcy told Loki. Maria just smiled angelically. Astrid scowled. Her first day of life, and she was already causing trouble.

*********************************************************

Steve embraced his daughter with a warm hug she gladly returned.

"I missed you."

"Me too, Dad." They broke apart and he produced a necklace out of his pocket. It was a small sapphire with diamond studs and a silver chain. He put it around her neck.

"It was your mother's. Before she went off to war, she said she wanted me to give it to you once you were a hero. I think you deserve it.", Steve explained. Hailey stared in awe at the shimmering pendant and was speechless. She simply hugged her father.

*********************************************************

Natasha and Clint ran over to their children. Lexie and Jamie hugged them tightly.

"Are you okay?"

"Were the villains hard to beat?"

"Were the suits itchy?"

"Did you get shwarma afterwards?" The parents bombarded them with questions. Jamie answered.

"We're fine, they were pretty easy to beat, oir suits were fine, and no we didn't get shwarma afterwards." Tasha and Clint let out sighs of relief.

"Thank god.", they said in unison.

"Shwarma sucks.", Clint cringed.

----------------------------------------------

I started a new story, so this one might not update that soon.