CHAPTER 3: Phone Call #2- Banner

"So if you mix this with that, you get a liquid source of energy!", the young scientist explained, showing his father his newest discovery. Bruce just smiled. His son shared his love for science, and it was nice to be able to see him grow.

"Very impressive. I would have never thought that up.", Bruce commented, looking at the bubbling red substance that seemed to be glowing. His son's blue eyes gleamed with pride. His son, Drew Banner was a talented young scientist in his prime. The joy ended when the substance bubbled up too much and spilled over the beaker. Quickly, it was cooled with water. Drew looked down, upset.

"It almost worked.", he grumbled. Bruce tried to calm his son.

"Hey, it's okay, everyone has little mishaps every so often. You just need to-" He was cut off by his phone ringing. He looked at the caller I.D. and wanted to scream. S.H.E.I.L.D. It just had to be S.H.E.I.L.D. With a sigh, he answered the phone. "Hello, why are you calling me,", Bruce said while pushing up his glasses.

"Hydra is plotting against us. We need your help.", Maria Hill said.

"No. I don't like turning into the Other Guy and there is no way I'm saving Earth again. Ask Steve. He'll help you."

"Can your son help us?"

Oh. Oh. So that's what they wanted.

Bruce's voice was soft and deadly. "There is no way I would offer up my son like a pig ready for slaughter. Are you out of your mind? My answer is still no. I will not help you under any condition you sick bastards." The phone was slammed on the table and green began creeping up Bruce's neck. Drew saw that and squeezed his father's hand.

"I'm not going to ask what that was about."

"I wouldn't tell you even if you did."