CHAPTER 5: Phone Call #4- Barton

"So just like that? It's so easy!", Alexandra Barton exclaimed. Her father chuckled.

"Not for everyone. Some people can't even shoot a target.", he reminded her. She rolled her eyes.

"Don't be ridiculous."

"I'm not the ridiculous one in the archery range."

"Hey!", she whined. Suddenly, the phone rang. Clint ran over and picked it up.

"Hello?"

"This is Director Hill speaking.", Maria said. 

"What do you want from me? I served S.H.E.I.L.D. for way too long.", he asked.

"Hydra has a military base and we need to eradicate them."

"Look, good luck with that. I'm not gonna get myself tangled up in all that jazz. Ask Capsicle."

"We did.", she replied.

"And?"

"He declined.", Director Hill sighed tiredly. She was getting a headache from all these phone calls.

"Stark and Banner obviously declined. How about Thor?"

"We haven't gotten a hold on them yet. But if you can't do it, how about your child?" Clint looked over at his daughter to see her swinging from a money bar upside down while aiming at a target. 

"Um, no. I don't think I'll ever let my little girl off the handle like that. In the kindest way possible, please realise this is a sick joke and you are one messed up person. 'Night." Clint disconnected and turned back to his girl. She had gotten the target. He smiled. She might be incredibly good at archery, but on the battlefield? I don't think I'll ever let her go.