CHAPTER 12: Colorblind Archers and Rock N' Roll

Alexandra was practicing with the arrows she had been given. There was a guide for the different types of them. Red was anchor, orange was combustible, blue was taser and green was normal. The only issue was that Lexie was colorblind. She could kind of tell the difference between the arrows, but it was still hard. As she was doing the simulation, she pulled out a red arrow to climb up a building.

BOOM!

She was thrown back against the wall. "Wrong arrow.", she whimpered, curling up into a ball. Jamie ran in.

"Sis! Are you okay?", he frantically asked, pulling her off the ground roughly. She winced.

"Just dandy. I hate being colorblind, you know that?", she said, brushing herself off.

"Did you fire a combustible arrow?"

"Yeah."

"Why? I thought we established the rule of no explosives in the house."

"I'm colorblind, smart one. I need better labeling." He took her quiver and led her upstairs where Drew was drinking chai tea and eating easy mac.

"Easy mac?", Jamie asked.

"Don't judge me, it's comfort food.", he replied, nibbling the delicious food. Jamie shrugged and sat down on the couch, pulling out all the combustible arrows and labeling them in sharpie. Drew attended to Lexie's cuts and bruises, putting Spongebob band-aids on the wounds. Lexie looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "They glow in the dark, it's super cool." Lexie continued to judge him. "What, I like Spongebob!", he exclaimed.

*********************************************************

Meanwhile, Astrid and Stella were being forced to work together. It was going to hell rather quickly.

"You mewling quim! Stay out of my territory!", Astrid screeched.

"Girl, what're you trying to do? Sing soprano? 'Cause your voice is killing my ears!", Stella shot back.

"At least I can sing. Plus, I have better music taste than you.", Astrid said, turning from Stella.

"Are you insulting my music taste now? First it's my skill, second it's my suit, and now my music taste? You're asking for it!", Stella said, pressing the Van Halen button. Astrid collapsed in agony.

"DEAR ODIN, YOU CALL THIS MUSIC?!", she screetched once again, holding her ears.

"ROCK ON!", Stella shouted, turning up the volume. Astrid twitched.

"AAAAAAAHHHHH MAKE IT STOP!", Astrid begged.

"HAHAHAHA NO!", Stella cackled. When she decided the princess had enough rock n' roll, she turned off the music. Astrid pulled out her earpiece, frowning.

"I can't hear clearly. I think your awful music did something to my ears.", she whined, rubbing her delicate ears. Stella smirked.

"That's rock n' roll for ya.", she proudly said, going upstairs. Astrid followed. Suddenly, the phone rang. It was Pepper. Oh god, how was Stella going to answer this? She picked it up with hesitance.

"Hi, baby! How are you doing without us?", Pepper asked.

"Uh, hi mom! Everything is fine.", she nervously said, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Don't lie to me. What happened." Pepper sounded stressed.

"Well Stark Tower isn't completely destroyed, I can tell you that much."

"What is destroyed?"

"The lab and the archery range and Astrid's eardrums.", Stella winced.

"So... Drew had an accident, Lexie fired a combustible arrow and you blasted Van Halen in Astrid's ears."

".....Yeah...."

"Not as bad as I expected.", Pepper commented.

"Yay! I pleased you for once!", Stella sounded genuinly happy with herself.

"You did. We'll be back tomorrow. Bye, baby!", Pepper hung up.

"She didn't even say 'I love you.'", Stella muttered angrily. Astrid looked at her sadly. Stella noticed this and snapped at her. "What are you looking at?", she stomped up the stairs. Astrid felt sympathy for Stella. She could never please her mother, she was a carbon copy of her father, for gods sake! Astrid sighed and headed up the stairs, disposing of her armor in the process. Her black pants and shirt were all that was left of her outfit. She wanted to help Stella, but that would only happen if their egos would stop feuding. Like hell the battle of the egos would end.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote, comment, read! Sorry about that little bit of angst at the end. I felt it neccesary.

★kawaiiWhovian★