Part One

The eleven year old girl sat on the chair swinging her legs back and forth. She didn't know why her papa brought her here but she didn't question his actions for she loved her father with all her heart and then some. The place, although very dirty, seemed organized.

Despite the musky smell and the fact that this place was underground she could find herself playing down here. The young girl could think of all the different ways to hide during hide-and-seek. Though she only wished that she has someone to play with. Maybe she would've if it weren't for the bad people her parents told her about. She didn't know why they did what they did but her papa always told Crina to keep searching for what was lost. He was doing everything in his power to find the object of interest. When he was close to finding it he would have to start again. It made her mother sad, Crina could tell. Her mama would look at her and instead of love she would see hurt and sadness. Even if she didn't know what they took she knew she wanted to do everything she could.

Crina may have been young but she knew. She knew and it killed her that she couldn't do anything about it yet.

Soon enough her papa appeared again out of a dark tunnel that the small girl didn't see. It amused her, it was like her papa had done a magic trick. A bright and warm smile graced his lips as he looked at her. The girl knew one thing; she was her dad's pride and joy. She was his princess.

"Papa!" She called excitedly getting out of the single chair. It was weird that it was the only chair placed in the middle of a cross way but it didn't bother her. If her papa said she was safe then she knew she was. Everything her papa said was right.

"Hey princess, you ready? I need to show you something. Promise to keep it a secret?" He whispered in her ear. She nodded and her father led her down a few dark tunnels.

When they got far enough the filth and grime washed away to reveal a clean, solid red door next to a pure white, and a filthy door. He didn't open the red or white door like she thought he would, oh no, instead he opened the gross looking door.

"Never ever open those doors, do you understand me Crina? You can get hurt in here." He said softly, holding tightly to the young girl's hand. She nodded her agreement and looked at the doors as her dad pulled her through the dark grimy door. But the inside of the door wasn't like the other side. It turned into a nice and expensive looking area. Crina was afraid to step in because she didn't want to break something. She wasn't by any means clumsy but she still didn't want to have an accident.

They walked through some hallways and every person they passed her dad would send a small nod their way. The strangers nodded to Crina too which made her feel important like her papa. They made her feel like she was in charge too.

All too soon they came to a stop in front of a dimly lit hall. At the very end of the corridor sat a simple closed door.

"Do you trust me?" Her papa asked, glancing down at her, holding onto her hand a bit tighter.

"Yes, of course I trust you papa." She said confidently.

But she didn't know what pain those words would cause her.

---

Thank you for clicking on this, I can't wait to get further in.

Date: January 4th