Part Nine

"Miss, my contact is on the phone about Nic's whereabouts. He's endangering not only Celestina's life but his." Mihail said, rushing into her bedroom unannounced. Crina was standing in only a towel she was about to drop. At the sight of Crina the tips of Mihail's ears turned red as he held the phone out and avoided eye contact.

"Yes?" She said, shooing Mihail away. Once the door had been shut she dropped the towel, walking into her closet.

"Miss. Cernat? I have news on Nic Videl" The American said. It was times like these she was grateful her father forced her to learn many languages. She was Romanian, that was her native tongue but she was used to speaking English.

"Out with it." She paused, "please." She held up a black bra before frowning, shaking her head a bit before she held up a red one, putting it on.

"He ran off to a hotel with Celestina. She was unconscious, I'm sure he drugged her again. I'm not sure if he's willing to kill her yet. He's taking his time with this one." The woman said as Crina now sat in a chair in her bra and underwear.

"Okay, do you have a pen and paper on you? I'm going to tell you what to write." Crina said, lifting herself up from the chair, grabbing her own phone from her nightstand. She sent a text to Mihail to find out Nic's location and have the police sent to him.

"No, but I'm going to the receptionist to ask." The woman said causing Crina to sigh quietly. After receiving a confirmation from Mihail she dressed in a tight black dress. Slipping on her heels, ignoring the woman ask the receptionist for a piece of paper and a pen.

"Okay, ready." The woman said. Crina put on bold red lipstick before responding.

"Write this out, I'll help you with spelling." Crina sad before saying what she wanted to in her native tongue.

"The cops have been called, have fun.

Yours Truly.

Put it where he can see it. Keep me on the line." Crina said, finishing up her light yet bold makeup. Standing up, she left her room and made her way to her office, Mihail was nowhere to be seen but she knew she sent him on a task.

Once the leader was settled down in her chair she crossed her legs, leaning into the seat comfortably. Crina put the phone on speaker and set it on the desk. The phone lit up telling her how long the call had been going on and the name of the caller. Haylee Yozming.

"I placed it." Haylee said, her voice in a whisper. He's leaving the room pulling Celestina by her arm. Looks painful." The informant said. Crina clenched her jaw as she heard her door open. Mihail came in and closed the door, standing next to it. He nodded at Crina, staying silent as Crina's mind was elsewhere.

Crina hoped that Nc didn't harm her sister in any way. She may have loved Nic but Celestina was family whether they knew each other or not. Personally she would give up Celestina for Nic but she couldn't do that to her parents. The woman had been forced to put her sister above anything in her life.

"The cops are here, he rushed out of the building with Celestina over his shoulder. It seems they have choppers too. The pigs must have been given a big tip." Haylee muttered. The sound of sirens blaring didn't affect Crina in the slightest as she stared at the wall in front of her.

"Turn on your TV, it looks like there's going to be a chase. I don't know if you're able to access it in Romania." Crina nodded her head at Mihail and after fiddling with both his phone and the television an American news station appeared.

Crina could see the black SUV she had provided Nic driving fast in a wooded area. The woman thanked Haylee before she hung up the phone, her eyes solely focused on the television. On the black SUV that suddenly swerved before rolling on its side. It's flipped nearly twelve times before it settled on its side.

The woman felt her blood run cold as she clasped her shaking hands on her lap. Mihail's quick breathing could be heard as a telltale sign that he was also watching intently.

Nic could be seen inching out of the car holding another person; her sister. Crina held a hand to her mouth in a silent gasp before letting it fall to her lap as the camera zoomed in on them. They were both covered in blood. The cops surrounded the both of them but one cop made the mistake of coming too close as Nic reached for him. Nic grabbed the gun but before anyone could stop him he put it up to his head and pulled the trigger.

A cold smirk grew on Crina's face as she watched his limp body fall to the floor to mask her pain.

"Mihail, pour me a glass why don't you." The woman said, leaning back in her seat in defeat as Mihail poured her a glass of bourbon.

He had caused harm to her sister, that was something she would not tolerate from anyone.

"Have her set here immediately. Mihail, It's time to bring her home."  

---

Seem familiar?

Date: February 1