Part Six

"Nic." Crina called while laying naked under her sheets on her stomach. She looked towards the open bathroom to see Nic exit with nothing but a towel hanging low on his lips.

"Do you think she'd like me?" She looked up at him, her green eyes showing her vulnerability.

"As long as you don't threaten to shoot her kneecaps you'll be fine." he joked, sitting on the bed next to her. Crina laid her head on his towel covered lap as he rubbed a rough hand in circles on her back. She smacked his thigh softly before sitting up, letting the blanket fall behind her.

"Be serious, she's my twin but I have never met her. I want to do things neatly, I don't want to threaten or hurt her to bring her home. She doesn't know that she was stolen after birth and sold. She doesn't know that we've been looking for her." Crina confessed.

"The best thing would be for you to show up. She won't be able to deny you when it's like she's looking in a mirror."

"You think?" She asked, a smile lighting up her face as she looked at Nic. His face relaxed and he reached for her, bringing her to his chest. She weakly struggled against him since he was wet but she gave up, she'll be taking a shower in a few anyway. The woman laid her head right above his heart and listened to the steady rhythm.

"Yes, but right now you need to get in the shower before we go downstairs." Nic said, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead. They were both in the main house with all the other members. Crina got out of the bed and gave one last glance to Nic before she got in.

By the time she was dressed and ready to go downstairs Nic was there standing in his wrinkle free suit. His hands were clasped behind his back and his face was masked with a blank expression. But Crina was the same. Her green eyes were dull and her face not letting anyone read her. She slipped on her heels before she gave a nod to Nic.

They went down stairs to the kitchen where others were cooking their own breakfast. She grabbed an apple from the counter and took a bite.

"Morning, Ms. Cernat." One of her members said when she sat down. She looked at the tall, lean yet muscular man that she knew as Abel. Abel had been with her for many years, she knew she could trust him for certain things. Yet she didn't have complete faith in him. It was possible that he would be suitable for her fourth.

"Abel. How's your brother?" She asked, last she heard he was battling cancer at age three. Abel was devoted to his brother, anything he got would go for his little brother's happiness.

"He's fine now, in remission. His fifth birthday is tomorrow, he was asking for you to go. I know it's late notice but he looks up to you." Abel rushed out, keeping his head down towards the ground in respect.

"Of course, I'll be there. Anything for the kid." Crina smiled briefly before walking out of the room. The woman needed to formulate a way to get her sister back home to where she belonged. The task ahead was by no means an easy feat but needed to be done. Though she didn't want to send just anybody on the task, it would be best to send Nic.

Nic was the only person outside of her family that now knew about the situation and she knew that the secret would follow him to the grave. But before she sent him to do that task she needed him to do another.

Since Gheorghe fucked up the last mission he did other bosses were out looking for their revenge on the Cernat family. Crina was great at keeping their missions, their priorities secret but Gheorghe gave others a show. He led other bosses along with the police straight to her and that was something that she needed to avoid at all costs.

"Nic, I have a mission for you. I expect nothing but a flawless performance. Don't fuck it up." Crina threatened, a heavy feeling settling in her gut. She didn't want Nic to fail because she knew that if he failed then she wouldn't be able to kill him. The woman had let her emotions meddle into her life.