Part Twelve

Crina sat in the room with her sister, flipping through endless papers. Both of her parents were staying in the manner causing more stress to fall upon her shoulders as her father breathed down her neck.

Right now her mother was catching up on sleep in a guest room while her father was away using the restroom. Crina had been waiting to have a silent word with her father alone for a while but things weren't going her way. At the sound of the door opening Crina peered up from the papers to meet her fathers now warm blue ones.

"Father, can I have a word?" The woman set down the papers on the couch next to her, uncrossing her legs only to cross them again with the other leg.

"You've had six." He countered, sitting down in a chair that sat adjacent to the couch. Her dad's graying red hair that she had inherited sat neatly combed on his head as always. He was wearing a vest over a dress shirt, at first glance he looked like any other happy old man. But Crina knew that her father was a merciless man that had blood on his hands.

"Funny." Crina spat before taking in a deep breath, closing her eyes. "I want to leave." She said. Short and to the point, no beating around the bush.

"Well I'm certainly not stopping you, the door is right there." He said, raising a red brow at her.

"No, I want to leave this organization now that I did what you couldn't." The woman said, her face held no emotion as she looked for any expression from him but his was as blank.

"And whom would run it, Crina?" Nicolae's voice was no longer soft but hard as steel.

"Leave it to Celestina. She appears to be the favorite, give her what you made for her."

"I can't do that, Crina. I can't do it." Her father said, glancing over at the unconscious girl. "Not to her."

"But you can do it to an eleven year old girl? To the daughter you had in your clutches? Or is this job supposed to go to the daughter that you hate the most? You don't know Celestina, you don't know me. You're not a father, you are a horrible, horrible person. Did you know that? Did you know that you're a piece of shit father for making an innocent eleven year old girl kill someone? Then beating her when she didn't want to. I didn't want this life! don't want this life!" Crina yelled, standing up. Her father sat calmly in the chair staring up at her as if he was simply bored.

"Please, don't hold anything back, princess." He said, opening his arms wide open. But instead of continuing to call her father a piece of shit her voice hitched his nickname.

"I am nothing to you. I'm not talking to you to gain your approval to leave, I am leaving whether you like it or not." Crina walked quickly towards the or but stopped when she heard the click of a gun. Cold metal was pressed on the back of her head but she was still calm.

"You're nothing to me? Well if you say so then I won't hesitate to put a bullet through your fucking skull. We're finally a family now, your mother is now happy and you want to leave?" He snarled in her ear. His breath was warm against her ear but she still stood her ground.

"If mother is happy would she forgive you for killing one of her daughters? I would rethink your actions before doing them. Happiness can be taken away in the blink of an eye, Nicolae. If you wanted to be a family then you shouldn't have forced me to do this." In one fluid moment she grabbed the gun from her father's grasp and knocking him down to the ground. She then held him down as she pressed the gun between his eyes.

"Unlike you," the woman said. "I won't hesitate to kill you because I have no family."

A sudden movement from the corner of the room caused Crina to stand up, glaring down at her father with disgust.

Green eyes met green eyes.

Celestina was finally awake. And holding up a paper cup to throw at them.

"Celestina, you're finally awake." Crina spoke in English, her accented voice filling the silence.

"I have to go, there's a crazy man after me. Please." Celestina begged, her voice hoarse as she tried to rip the needles out of her arms.

Calmly, Crina walked towards her twin sister, placing a soothing hand upon hers. Celestina looked up, her eyes no longer looking past her but at her.

"Oh my god." The younger woman said, tears rising to her eyes.

"That was Nic. He is now dead, you have nothing to worry about. You on the other hand have a lot of information you need to know. But first; rest." Crina said before turning to the man in the room. "Nicolae, go get the doctor."

Turning back to her sister she said, "this may be the first and last time you'll see me. I'm sorry. But before anything else, I am your sister. Your twin sister. I'm sure you have a lot of questions but I'm sorry, I can not answer them. I must go; take care." Crina turned to walk away but a hand tightly gripped her wrist.

"Please." Celestina croaked out. Gently, Crina pulled her wrist out of her sister's hand while not looking back at her.

Without another word Crina walked out of the room to see Mihail leaning against the opposite wall. He didn't look up at her, instead he kept his head down towards the ground.

"How much did you hear?" Crina asked, closing her eyes for a brief moment.

"I heard all that. If you want, I can-" Mihail stated but Crina cut him off.

"No, I'm out for myself. If you want out then you have to either run and try not to get caught or file the papers for a blank mind. Or death. You know the rules." Crina stated, walking down the hall. Mihail, instead of walking behind her, walked beside her.

"And those rules don't apply to you?" He questioned, looking down at the tall woman that was still short compared to him,

"No." The woman said, walking into the main area where everyone was sitting. This was going to be the last time looking at everyone's faces. With a gentle smile on her face she made sure to make eye contact while nodding her head in a sign as her respect for them. Crina's green eyes spotted Luca out in the garden playing with the fire truck she had bought him on his birthday. The day that she messed everything up.

Saddened by the fact that she would never get to see Luca grow up into a wonderful young man, she walked up to her room to pack her things trailed by Mihail.

She was going to get out and live her own life if it was the last thing that she ever did.  

---

Look at my badass daughter go

Also, trying to update while a big dog disguised as a big baby is demanding all of my attention. He whines like all of the time. Just comes in from being outside? Whines. Someone isn't in the same room as him? Whines. Anything? WhINES I'M DEADASS TIRED Y'ALL THIS IS WHY I DON'T EVEN WANT KIDS

Date: February 12