Part Thirteen

A knock on Crina's bedroom door brought her away from packing her bags. It couldn't be good if someone was knocking at this time of the day since it was late. Setting down the outfit in her suitcase she cautiously walked towards the door. Just as she was going to open it it busted open and three large men came rushing in.

Nicolae was as petty as they came. Two grabbed her arms but in one swift movement she freed herself, removing her heel to jab it into one of the men's eyes. He screamed in pain as blood came from his eye. Crina eyed the other two as they hesitated.

The one that had her heel sticking out of his eye stayed crying on the floor. Crina almost pitied the man before remembering that he attacked her unprovoked. Grabbing the wrist of the shorter of the two she swung him so he ran into the other man. They didn't stumble like she would've hope but while they steadied themselves she snuck closer to grab one of the men's guns. With a steady click she didn't hesitate to shoot one of the men in the kneecaps. Immediately he fell to the floor as the other big man stopped to stare at her. Raising the gun, she aimed and shot the man between the eyes, her face set in a stony expression. Where was Mihail to prevent this? Granted she now revoked her title she didn't think he left her this quickly. Stepping over the bodies that were bleeding out she continued to pack her bags.

When she finished packing two suitcases and a duffle bag full of cash she withdrew years ago in case of emergencies she swung that over her shoulder and left her room, leaving the three large men on the floor. One dead and two injured. At that though she paused, looking at the gun she threw to the floor. Walking back towards it, she picked it up. Without blinking she put a single bullet through both of their foreheads before putting it in the back waistline of her pants. They were idiots for listening to her father. The sad thing was that Crina thought that they were all honest to her since they worked under her. Even if she didn't care to learn their names the sweet taste of betrayal was overwhelming.

The manor was empty as she walked towards the front door to see her sleek black SUV waiting for her. The driver was standing with the door open causing her to narrow her eyes in suspicion.

"I couldn't let you leave on your own." Mihail's voice rang out beside her. She looked up at the tall man, a small smile showing on her face.

"You're going to be a wanted criminal." Crina said, looking back towards the car.

"You have more blood on your hands than I do, I'd worry about yourself." He said, moving to put all the bags in the trunk.

"Wait!" Crina heard before she could ask for the keys from the driver to drive herself. Turing, the woman seen her twin leaning against the door, panting and wincing. Celestina was honestly stupid if she was up out of bed right now.

"Please, please I need you to tell me. I need to know. Please, you're my sister, aren't you?" The younger twin heaved out, stumbling forward.

"I can't be here anymore. I'm sorry Celestina for dumping you in this situation but I have been shoved around. I have been forced to kill people, I have been forced to live this life because of you. You were the one that my, no, your parents wanted. Growing up it was always 'find your sister' and 'what would your sister think?' but guess what, I don't care anymore! It's your fault, I don't want to be your sister. I... I despise you!" Crina yelled, moving closer with every sentence until she was right in front of her.

Celestina's eyes were full of tears, "I'm sorry." Celestina cried, "but it's not my fault."

Without warning Crina lunged forward, punching Celestina's jaw causing her to fall to the floor.

"You're right, it's mine for not letting you die in that car crash where you killed Nic. It's my fault for not finding you sooner to put a bullet in your head." Crina spat, taking calculated steps towards the girl laying on the ground.

Crina pulled the gun out from the back of her pants, clicking it to set a bullet in place. Crina couldn't imagine all the pain her mom would go through again or the vengeance her father would harbor. Crouching down, Crina ran the cold metal of the gun down Celestina's cheek and neck, resting it above her heart.

"Just think, if it wasn't for you I would have had a normal life. I wouldn't have had to dedicate eleven years of my life looking for the pathetic looks of you." Crina whispered, bringing her other hand towards Celestina's face to brush away a stray strand of red hair. "I wouldn't have had to pretend you were precious to me. I thought I truly wanted you back here, that I loved you but there's a line I didn't know I crossed. I wanted you here to kill you because I fucking hate you."

With that said Crina was about to pull the trigger but the gun was knocked out of her hands by the girl under her. "My, what a backbone." Standing up, she pressed the sharp tip of her bloodied heel that she used to stab one of men with against Celestina's throat. Pressing down, Celestina started to gasp for breath.

"God, I fucking hate you so much!" Crina yelled, applying more pressure until the back of her knee was hit so she collapsed on top of her younger twin. Celestina tried to crawl towards the gun but Crina was faster, swooping it in her hand with one motion. Then the gun was taken from Crina and in one swift movement Crina felt the burning pain in her shoulder as the bullet lodged itself in her flesh. It wasn't the first time that she had been shot so despite the blinding pain she moved forward to punch Celestina.

As Celestina fell back on the ground again Crina sat on top of her. Her hands wrapped around the delicate skin of her sister's throat to cut off her air supply. Celestina struggled, trying to get free from Crina's strong grip but the feral look in Crina's eyes made it known she had no intention of letting go.

Crina had snapped, letting out eleven years of pent up anger out on the one person she hated the most. Was this going to benefit her in anyway? No, not in the slightest but what has she done in the last eleven years that had benefited her? Nothing. This was a personal grudge that she couldn't hold back anymore. She wanted to be the perfect daughter to her parents. Crina wanted to be their pride and joy but even without being there they only cared about Celestina.

Even after Celestina's lifeless body stopped moving Crina held onto her throat, gripping it too tight she could feel the younger twins throat cave under her fingers. A hand gripped her uninjured shoulder but she didn't pay any attention as she gripped the throat in her hands as tight as she could.

"Crina, she's gone." Mihail whispered, but Crina didn't pay him any attention. It was only when she was picked up and dragged away from Celestina's body did she look up at Mihail. Her cold and deadly eyes were trained on him.

"We should go." He told her, opening the passenger side for her. What she really wanted to do was go inside to kill everyone inside, no matter whom it was. She wanted to kill everyone in that goddamn manor.

Mihail shoved her into the SUV and hurried to the driver's seat, driving away as fast as he could. There was no tracking device on this vehicle but someone could trace it though the license plate so they had to get another car soon. Crina didn't know where she wanted to go but she knew that she wanted to be far from this place. She didn't want to be in Romania anymore.

The realization of what she did came rushing towards her, she was sure if she wasn't so numb to everything then she would be sure to be either happy or filled with dread, even. She was relieved that she was free though. Crina has escaped her father's hold, she left a life she was forced into though she felt like she should have left a lot earlier. She did promise to bring Celestina home, it wasn't completely specified to keep her alive once she was there.

But this was it. As they drove down the highway she let out a deep sigh.

Crina was finally free.  

---

Free as a mf-ing bird

While writing this I may or may not have said (very loudly might I add) something like "YES B! YOU DO YOU, KEEP BEING THE BADASS YOU ARE, YEEEESSSSSSSS!"

But anyway *snap finger guns*

Date: February 15