Part Ten

As Crina paced in the hallway the sound of her heels echoed in her ears. Celestina, her twin sister, laid unconscious in the room she was walking back and forth in front of. After Celestina was flown in while retrieving medical attention at the same time it was discovered that she had a fractured skull, four broken ribs, her whole left arm was broken in multiple places, her right elbow was broken. While she had only sprained her knee she had broken her ankle.

The older twin had yet to actually see her sister with her own eyes. Admittedly she hadn't even told her parents yet. She was sure to be on the receiving end of her father's backhand, that was something she didn't want.

Sucking up the strength, Crina stopped pacing enough to open the door to the main house infirmary. The sound of the monitor beeping was enough to bring a sense of calming to her frantic nerves. This was the most emotions the woman had showed in years, this was the most nervous she had been. Even during the time her father forced her into training and forced her to kill a man she wasn't this calm. Maybe it was because she knew her father would be mad enough to possibly hit her again.

Walking towards her sister, Crina noticed the bruises on her body and her swollen face with a bandage wrapped around her head. Blood was starting to seep through a bandage on her forehead, she looked like she was in so much pain. Celestina looked so broken. It was because of Nic. No, it was because of her. It was because of Crina's selfish decisions. Her love for Nic caused her little twin sister to lie in the bed beaten and bruised. To say she felt horrible about this was an understatement.

It had been nearly a week since Crina had her sister flown in. The chances of her waking up were growing each day as she looked better and better. Some of her bruises were turning a nasty yellow green color and transfusions helped her blood loss. There was no telling when Celestina would wake up, hell, it was possible that she wouldn't. With the skull fracture it was possible to have had everything she's ever known to be erased. Crina secretly hoped for that option but knowing her luck Celestina would remember everything. Everything that she couldn't blame on anyone but herself.

Sitting on the sofa across the room, Crina pulled out her phone. She knew that she should call her parents to explain the situation, the longer she kept it a secret the harder her dad's hand would hit. Her mom wouldn't stop crying that's for sure, but her dad wouldn't. He would build up his steel walls and call Crina a failure. Her father had ordered her to have her sister brought in cleanly without any problems but this whole situation was anything but clean.

Crina hoped that Celestina would wake up right at this moment but knew that she was pushing her luck. Pulling up her mom's number on her phone she pressed call. No matter what she would always be closer to her mom than her father.

"Yeah, Babe?" Her mom answered on the fourth ring.

"Hey mom, do you think both you and dad could come by base? I know I usually come to you but this is important. I'm sorry in advance." Crina said, her voice void of any emotions. Her face showed what her voice was conveying. Her feelings were shoved behind a steel wall that was boarded up.

"Of course. Is everything okay, Babe?" Her mom questioned, but Crina said yes before hanging up the phone. She needed to get ready and make herself presentable for her parents arrival. Both her mom and father hadn't been by base since her father was in charge, Crina tried to keep it that way.

"Look alive everyone, clean up after yourselves, Mr. and Mrs. Cernat are coming by for a visit!" Crina yelled once she was in the main living area. It was an instant change in atmosphere as everyone moved from their lazy spot to clean the already clean mansion. People rushed by her as they rushed but Crina ignored them as she went up to her room that was on the opposite side of the manor.

For the past week Crina hadn't made an effort in her appearance besides jeans and a dress shirt. But she felt she needed to dress better, be better for her parents being here.

Stripping out of her blue jeans and tucked in white dress shirt she slipped on a black and white sheath dress. She also exchanged her black flats for a pair of abnormally high black heels. Taking her hair out of it's messy bun she scooped it all back in an elegant tight ponytail, swiping red lipstick on her pale lips. This change was fairly quick and she knew she had time seeing as her parents lived across town. It would take nearly forty minutes.

Leaving her room, she noticed Mihail standing there, his suit looking wrinkle free but his tie was off. Crina stepped in front of him and reached up towards his neck. The mans breathing stopped as she reached but but he exhaled when she only grabbed his tie to fix it. Once she realized what she did she dropped her hands like he burned her. That was what she used to do to Nic, it was a force of habit. She stepped away and turned, walking down the stairs towards the main living area.

Everyone was scrambling about trying to get everything situated as Crina looked on. It was an amusing sight but it was also something that she wished didn't have to happen.

After time passed by too slowly as she stood outside by the front entrance waiting for her parents, they finally pulled up. Her father got out first, adjusting his suit jacket before helping her mother out of the car. Her father's blue steel gaze settled on her but Crina knew better than to let it affect her.

Crina bowed her head slightly, "Mother, father, welcome." After she straightened up Mihail opened the front doors allowing them inside, Crina following behind them. Her father looked around, judging everything but her mother couldn't have cared less about the state of the house as she pulled Crina into a tight hug.

"Why have you called us here, Crina?" Nicolae, her father, asked, his voice hard and emotionless. Her mother smacked his arm causing him to shift his hard gaze to her before it lightened.

"Please, follow me." Crina said, walking forward. The sound of her heels clicking on the floor along with her parents and Mihail's footsteps echoed through the silent halls as she let them to the infirmary.

This was going to be a disaster waiting to happen.

Crina was sure.

---

Tbh I really don't like Nicolae

But guess who got a new dog? And who's sick?
Me. This girl. Ha.

I'm miserable.

Date: February 5