Part Three

Crina woke up on her own accord, only being able to sleep for three hours. That was the most sleep she had in over ten years.

Today was going to be messy, a day that was sure to have her blood racing out of rage and bloodlust. She put on a black bra and underwear before there was a small knock on her door. She looked over her shoulder at her locked door before taking her time putting on a black t-shirt and black jeans. It was easier to hide blood on darker colors. Slipping on her heels from the day before she walked over to her door.

Unlocking it, she was greeted with Nic's still form. She let him in and shut the door behind him.

"Sleep well?" She asked, knowing his hatred for the need to sleep. He nodded once. "Yes, me too." She told him. She ran a brush through her red hair before tying it into a tight bun. She wasted no more time in her room but before she completely left her room he stopped.

"Have someone clean this glass before I get back." She told Nic. He nodded so she walked forward again. No one was in the main tunnel gathering room as she figured. Today was not a day to get on Crina Cernat's bad side. First thing on her agenda was to get Gheorghe. He would be at the main base with his family, spending his last moment with them.

"Is Gheorghe at main?" She asked knowing Nic could find out. She heard him speak into his ear piece before nodding. "Is my car ready?" He again nodded. Crina felt her irritation prick at her skin. Another thing Gheorghe fucked up on. Now she had to take time out of her schedule to fetch him. If she knew he wouldn't show up she wouldn't have stayed underground for the night.

Through the many twists, turns, and stairs, she came up to a cafe that she helped thrive. They kept the secret in exchange for protection, a failure to do so would be immediate execution of all workers and customers in the building at the time. She nodded at the owner, a sweet old lady, Ioana, that Crina had the pleasure of knowing all her life.

"Good morning, Crina, coffee?" Ioana asked. Crina couldn't deny her so she paused, nodding her head. She gave a fake smile, ignoring the veins that wanted to explode. Ioana didn't deserve to receive the blunt end of her rage. The old lady gave a to go cup to her and Crina was out of the shop from the side door where there were no security cameras. She got into the back seat of her black suv, Nic getting in after her to sit across from her.

The suv gently lurched forward as the driver went to base.

"Gheorghe is lucky if I don't kill him on spot in front of everyone." Crina confessed, looking out the window, a bored expression masking her one of rage as she looked out of the window.

"Self control is key." Nic reminded her, giving her a phrase she gave him many times during his training.

"Hmm." The woman said, not looking away from the blurred buildings. She could hear his fingers tapping on his thigh, she tried hard to ignore it since he wasn't aware he was doing so but right now she needed silence. She took a deep breath and sipped her coffee.

Tap, tap, tap, pause.

Tap, tap, pause.

Tap, tap, tap, tap.

She snapped her head away from the window and glared at Nic. He was looking out the opposite window but she knew he seen her reflection so he looked at her. She was glaring at his hand.

"Self control, huh?" She gritted out. He stopped, apologizing after at his careless actions.

After sitting in the car for forty silent minutes the suv pulled up to tall silver gates that were constantly guarded. The driver stopped the car in front of the large white base house, without a moment's hesitation Nic opened the door before stepping out. He held the door open for Crina, grabbing her hand as she gracefully stepped out, handing her empty coffee cup to Nic to dispose of it.