Part Two

Crina sat at her desk, rubbing her temples with her knuckles. Today was a particularly tough day. Some of her men had screwed up their mission and almost risked the exposure of the organization. The exposure of her. The girl knew that if she was ever caught it would lead to a lifetime in prison or most likely death row.

"Nic." She called out to her empty office. The door creaked open and now there stood a tall man with dark slicked back hair and piercing blue eyes. His hands were clasped in front of him as he looked at the floor. There wasn't a single flaw or wrinkle in his appearance.

"Yes, Lady Cernat." He drawled, saying her name ever so seductively yet formal.

"Pour me a glass." Was all she said for him to get to work. He walked into the room and poured her a large glass of bourbon, she looked like she needed it.

"I knew I should have assigned your division to do the job, Gheorghe's group fucked everything up!" She said, losing her composure at the mention of Gheorghe. The furious leader took in a couple of sharp breaths to regain her breathing. Nic handed her her bourbon the she graciously chugged down before asking for a refill.

"I agree, Gheorghe's actions risked everything. He had many flaws in his execution." Nic commented boldly, helping himself to a bourbon as well.

He sat down in a chair across from Crina. His unwavering blue eyes meeting her apple green eyes with such confidence.

She leant back in her chair, letting out a breath as she crossed her arms. She could feel the small strain of her black button up as she did so but paid no mind.

"At least the bastard caught the damn guy." She confessed, feeling relieved that Gheorghe managed to do that. The woman thought that she could trust her fourth in command. But apparently she couldn't and tomorrow she would have to deal with him. He screwed up, he was now a problem. A risk. It was too late to do it now, she would let him have a last meal to say goodbye to his family and kids. In this business there was no room to fuck up something so big.

Downstairs, even lower underground was where the cells were. She herself hated it down there but she had to make daily trips. Her line of work was something that most men couldn't handle. The toughest were tolerated, the strong were killed.

"Bright and early." She said after a moment of silence. Crina was too tired and stressed out to talk about the events that played out. The first in command didn't need her blood pressure rising any higher with the idiots she employed. She stood up, Nic standing beside but five steps behind her in an instant. Crina fixed her loose black slacks before she left her office, her heels clicking on the ground as she did so. Nic was silently following, looking alert, his hands grasped tightly behind his back. She knew he grabbed his own hands to stop his ticks. He clenched his jaw to keep his mouth closed to stop whistling. It annoyed Crina, she threatened him to stop or she would cut out his tounge so he did, he knew she would follow through with the threat.

They wound through the tunnels, as a leader she acknowledged everyone she passed with a firm nod as she made her way to her room. But when she looked at the men from Gheorghe's mission she glared causing them to try to hide their fear. They should be scared but they should know not to show it. This was where people fell weak. This was their downfall in this business.

When she managed to make it to her room in the tunnels that she only used when she had business to attend to early in the mornings she walked in, letting Nic in behind her, shutting the door behind her. Once concealed she dropped her shoulders, feeling the weight of everything finally settle like lead. After she kicked off her heels she immediately felt shorter. Almost stumbling at the height difference, she moved to her hidden liquor cabinet. She opened it, pulling out her bourbon and two glasses. She raised one up in question, glancing at Nic but he shook his head. Crina put one back before she poured herself a glass, topping it off.

They both basked in the silence, Nic stood by the door, his hands clasped in front of him. He looked as still as a statue minus the blinking of his eyes and the slight rise and fall of his chest. Crina sat on the edge of her bed, sipping her drink already halfway through with it.

With one hand clutching her glass he used her other to unbutton her dress shirt. Underneath her black silk shirt she normally wore a black t-shirt but this time she only had a bra on so she didn't unbutton it all the way. Before she could finished her beverage, her anger flared.

"You are dismissed." She said, not wanting to talk to Nic anymore before she lost her temper completely. Nic nodded once before he left the room without another word. Once the door shut she wasted no time letting her anger out.

"Fuck!" She yelled at the top of her lungs, letting her glass shatter on the cement wall. She was glad the cement walls were thick because to show weaknesses in front of others was to admit that you were weak.

Leaving the mess on the floor she stripped out of her clothes, finally going over to her steel door to lock it. Once she was in nothing but the skin she was born with she crawled between her silk sheets. She let her buzz take over as she fell into an uncomfortable sleep.

---

I love Nic before shit hit the fan okay bye

Date: January 8th