Chapter 22.

David slowly walked out of Gwen's cabin, almost instantly regretting it as Daniel walked towards him. He walked back towards the door before something small tackled him to the ground.
David looked down to see what had tackled him and what he saw broke his mind.
Jasper.
He had seen Jasper die.
There was no way he could've suirvived.
Then how was he here?
He didn't care.
He pulled Jasper into a tight hug and cried out of pure joy.
This short reunion was interrupted by David spotting Jen and running inside.
"Is he okay?" Gwen walked outside.
Sarah was looking back and fourth from Jen, to Gwen.
"Ugh.. my brain hurts.." Sarah walked off.
Jen sighed and paced around the camp grounds with a sigh.

Daniel walked up to the door to check on David, not even bothering to knock, and saw him hiding under a blanket.
"Really David?" Daniel walked over to him.
"Yes really!" David shouted.
"Jen is back, she's scary, and deadly!" He looked at Daniel.
"I am too but I don't see you hiding when I'm around Davey." Daniel pulled him out from under the blanket.
David let out a sigh and hung limply in Daniel arms.
Daniel rolled his eyes and walked back out to see Max run to hide in David's cabin.
"Max what's wrong?" Daniel looked over at the fluff.
"Nikki's got a water gun and won't stop shooting me!" Max pulled Todd inside and shut the door.
Daniel chuckled and set David down, before he used him a shield to block the water being squirted from Nikki's water gun.
David yelped and giggled quietly as Jasper snatched the water gun from Nikki and shot her in the back, causing the green haired girl to chase him.

All the kids seemed somewhat happy.
Except for the magic kids.
Earlier that day they had gotten caught trying to destroy Daniel's book, and both got an ass kicking for that.
Daniel protected that goddamn book with his life, like they would hurt it if they even touched it.

David barely knew about it, and Daniel had tried to wrap the camp man around his boney finger, but David did not obey.
But he had to at some point.
Daniel knew David would learn to obey or suffer a punishment.
He could be locked in the closet for a long time again, or maybe even a slap.
He knew David was afraid of getting hurt again emotionally, but what about mentally?
With a quick question about it to Gwen, she revealed all he needed to know.
He was afraid of being left, being forgotten, rejection, being broken, loneliness, darkness, tight spaces, heart break, and most importantly, his mental stability snapping someday.
It was entirely out of the question if this would ever happen.
David was so close to his breaking point already.
One more death attempt, or false claim, or attack towards Max or Todd, he would probably snap and also, snap someone's neck.
He didn't want to snap, at least, not at camp.
If anything happened he would kill the person on sight, and probably kill himself after.
Daniel didn't want to have that happen.
He didn't want the only thing that kept his sanity from going to absolute zero to die.
But, he could have some fun torturing him, couldn't he?
He walked by David who was talking to Jasper and gave him a smack on the behind, and when David turned around, Daniel had a false look of innocence, like he hadn't done anything.
Daniel gave David a quick peck on the lips before he walked off into the woods, needing to go some where to think in peace.

Night time came and Sarah left to go home, the kids and Jen and Gwen went off to bed.
Daniel and David were the only ones awake.
David sat in the corner of the room, reading.
Or, trying to.
Daniel kept dragging him over to the bed to listen to what he had to say, and as soon as he dragged David Over, he would go back to his corner.
Daniel began to grow impatient.
He dragged David back over to the bed, and as David went to go to the corner again, Daniel grabbed his wrist and pulled him back.
"David, stay." He demanded the freckled face councilor.
"Daniel, no." David attempted to pull away.
Daniel raised a brow. "No?"
He tightened his grip around David's wrist. "Davey, you don't ever tell me no."
David tried to pull away again. "Daniel, let go of me."
Daniel chuckled. "No, Davey."
He was soon met with a light slap across the face.
Daniel raised his hand up, seeing David flinch as he swung his hand and slapped David across the face, a loud clap sound made on impact.
David was visibly shaking, tearing up as a visible red mark lingered on his cheek.
"Will you listen to me now?" Daniel tilted his head.
David only nodded, still trying to get away from Daniel.
"Good boy, Davey~" Daniel placed a hand under David's chin, lifting up his head so David looked him in the eyes.
He saw the fear in David's forest green eyes, this made him smile.
Daniel pecked David on the lips, and pulled him down onto the bed.
"Why don't we sleep?" Daniel pulled David close, and turned off the lights.
David stared off at the wall, a few tears falling down his cheeks, silently falling on the pillow, making no sound like snow falling onto the ground.
He was so scared.
He felt hurt.

(Sorry this took so long! But the silent snow part was partially referencing a song called January snow by Jared Campbell! You guys might want to check it out! He's a singer songwriter that came to my school a while ago, and the songs were pretty sad, they made my sister cry, but I hope you like the chapter, and have a good day, or night!)