Chapter 25.

Daniel walked over to David, pulling his forest loving boyfriend towards him. David didn't move, speak, or even acknowledge Daniel's existence.

It was like he was just gone.

A husk of what used to be a happy fun loving councilor.

"David..?" Daniel lightly shook him.

"What..?" David asked quietly.

Daniel softly ran a hand over David's fragile and abused neck, before he moved it down to David's side, placing a hand on David's waist, before pulling David into a tight hug.

"I'm so sorry.." Daniel mumbled and nuzzled his face into David's hair.

"Sorry..?" David asked in disbelief.
"You're sorry?? Well, sorry to say that sorry doesn't cut it!" David snapped at Daniel, shoving Daniel away, catching the blonde off guard.

"You first started to take advantage of me, started to hit me, and even beat me for trying to leave my own cabin! And that's not all, don't think I don't know that you were out to get me from the beginning! You even tried to poison me! After I was kind enough to give you a place to stay, work, and I even cared for you like I would for everyone else! I thought I could trust you to not hurt me, I thought you would actually care enough to stay by my side, and not take advantage of me like everyone else has, because the dumb little red head counselor is too innocent, and vulnerable, and helpless, and easily manipulated, but no! You are just like everyone else! You just wanted to take advantage of me, and you only pretend to care!" David shouted, his voice wobbly and unstable, as if he was about to cry.

"You are pushing me to my limit! A-a-and I can't stand it! I'm so close to actually swallowing my whole bottle of anti-depressants! I can't take it anymore!" David screamed as tears fell down his cheeks.

"Now, tell me, does Sorry really cut it!? What hell you put me through, making me panic to even go near you, and tell me, will sorry ever correct all those mistakes!? Will it Daniel!?" David screamed, and stared at Daniel as tears streamed town his red cheeks.

Daniel slowly walked towards him.

"You're right. Sorry doesn't cut it. So, let me make it all up to you, David." Daniel said, carefully taking David's hand. Rubbing his thumb over the scar on his hand.

"Let me make it all up to you. All the bad things I did, and everything I did before that all, and last night." Daniel softly spoke, cupping David's bruised and tear stained cheek before softly pressing his lips on David's forehead.

David stayed silent.

"C'mon, Sarah is going to be here soon, and she's bringing Max a friend." Daniel said with a smile.

A few hours passed as Jasper and David played, David partially forcing a smile, the two friends as happy as possible, and Gwen, Jen, and Daniel talked.

Soon enough, Sarah arrived.

She carried a kitten in her arms.

She walked over to Gwen with the same bright smile on her big freckled face.

Max ran over to greet her.
And as soon as he stopped, the same kitten from the vet he met, hopped out towards him, landing on Max's head.

"I give up with you, peak-a-boo." Sarah sighed.
Gwen walked over to Sarah, pulling her into a hug.
She let Sarah sit down with them, and they all struck up a conversation, Jen joining in soon enough.

"David what happened to your cheek?" Sarah asked, seeing the large bruise on his cheek.
"I got punched." David said simply.
"Geez, it's pretty bad, well, I hope you're alright." Sarah said as she leaned against Gwen, who ran her fingers through Sarah's hair.

David leaned against Daniel, chewing on the skin on his thumb.

Jasper basically passed out next to Jen, snoring quietly as he sat next to her.

Max played with the kitten, smiling a tiny bit, as the kitten meowed, and searched for attention, patting Max's leg or hand If it wanted attention.

"So is he keeping the kitten?" Daniel asked, looking over at Sarah.
"Yep!" Sarah smiles. "I've got some food and stuff with me as well, so you don't need to pay for that stuff." She smiled.

Jen looked over at the group.
"So now we have two-" she paused, seeing the platypus out of the corner of her eye. "Three, animals at the camp now?"
"Yes, we do." David said with a smile.

David still had that small hint of fear in his eyes as this woman looked back at him, but nothing too obvious. And at the same time he seemed to relax and calm down. He felt safe around others.
They all continued to talk and even made plans to go on a little walk later.
And as soon as Sarah told Max that the kitten was his, he got this bright smile on his face, thanking her repeatedly.
It was great seeing Max happy, seeing him smile, seeing him laugh.
He was a happy child, like he deserved to be.
David was going to make sure he stayed as this happy child.

No matter what he had to do in order for that to happen.

(Ahhhhhhhhhhh I need more ideas. But I'll leave this chapter off here but if you guys have any suggestions, please, please tell me! But, enjoy the chapter, I hope you had a happy Halloween too!)