Late Nights

The image of George plagued my dreams when the alcohol wore off and woke me from my originally peaceful sleep. My body was overcome with tremors as I tried to survey my surroundings in the dark bedroom, my head pounding mercilessly. The warmth emanating from the body next to me was the only thing that kept me from moving.

"Emily?" a groggy voice questioned from beside me, making me jump slightly.

"Sorry Sherlock," I whispered, rolling over to the other side of the bed.

An arm quickly snaked around my waist and pulled me back towards Sherlock roughly, evoking a screech and a slight feeling of panic from me.

"What's wrong?" he asked, sounding very awake for what was most likely around four in the morning.

I shook my head in response and buried my face into his bare chest before realizing he could not see me, so I mumbled a short response.

"I'm sure you can tell, Sherlock," I whispered.

"Something happened at work today. You work in a mental hospital where strange and unsettling sights are common, so what is it that has you in a state of distress?"

"Some dumbass allowed my patient to be placed in a non secure room where he hung himself from the light fixture," I breathed out quickly.

Before the man could say a word, my phone rang from my nightstand. The ringtone was one I had not heard in some time, but it made me shoot up and snatch the phone instantly to answer.

"Abby, Sam and Dean need your help," the deep voice on the other end stated.

I rolled my eyes and leaned back against the headboard, giving Sherlock an apologetic look.

"Cas, it's 4am."

"I'm sorry," he said exhaustedly.

A grunt of pain came from his end as I opened my mouth to speak, making me rethink my words.

"Are you ok?"

The man ignored my question and took a deep breath before responding.

"Where are you?"

"I'm in England for God's sake Cas. The address is 221C Baker Street, what did the boys get themselves into this time?" I sighed.

The call dropped and a man in a trench coat was standing at the foot of my bed, making Sherlock jump as I groaned.

"Cas we've been over this," I said as I flicked on the light, revealing a bloodied Cas swaying in the center of the room.

"Shit," I sighed, pushing off of the bed and onto my feet to support the angel.