Scene of the Crime

The next day consisted of saying goodbye to Sherlock and a very long nap. I woke up to the door of 221B slamming shut and the sound of footsteps going up the stairs. Simultaneously, my phone buzzed on my nightstand. It was Sherlock. Unlocking it with a lazy swipe of my thumb, I read the message.

You free to come to a crime scene?

I could use your help.

-SH

A knock on my door made me leap to my feet before tripping over my blanket and collapsing onto the floor. Echo immediately took advantage of the situation and licked my face furiously before barking at the door.

"You alright?" Sherlock's voice asked.

I only groaned in response as the door swung open, revealing my sleep deprived self to the detective.

"What's the story?" I questioned as he let himself in, staring down at me.

"There's been a fourth suicide," he said simply, offering me his hand.

I took it and grunted as he pulled me to my feet easily, which unfortunately caused me to stumble into the detective's chest. He wrapped his arms around me to keep me upright while glancing down at me questioningly.

"I'll come, just let me get dressed," I sighed, pushing away from his warm grip tiredly.

"Alright."

The detective stood boredly as I went to grab my clothes before turning to face him.

"Sherlock," I started.

"Hmm?" he asked.

"Out," I ordered.

Echo barked in agreement, but wagged her tail happily. It would seem she had grown to like him.

"Oh, I'll wait outside," the detective replied, seemingly embarrassed by his mistake.

A slight hint of a blush seemed to cross his features, but I could not tell as he quickly turned around and shut the door. I shook my head in amusement before tugging my shirt off over my head. My clothes fell to the floor and I changed as quickly as my tired body allowed. My outfit consisted of jeans and a baggy t-shirt because who dresses up to see a crime scene? I took a moment to make an attempt at bringing a brush through my hair but quickly gave up and put it into a messy bun.

"Alright," I said, putting my phone in my back pocket and opening the door to see Sherlock standing there awkwardly.

"It's alright Sherlock," I laughed, patting his arm lightly before heading downstairs and outside with the detective close behind.

John stood outside after having hailed for a cab which was waiting behind him. We stood and greeted each other for a moment before John quickly whispered something into Sherlock's ear and hopping in the cab. I raised my eyebrow quizzically at the detective but got no explanation so I shrugged and headed to the other side of the vehicle. Before I could open the door, Sherlock's hand darted out to do it for me. He smiled uncertainly as he held the door open for me.