Breakfast

"Sherlock," I called out nervously, walking over to stand before the closed door in case it was to open.

The man responded almost instantly, apparently having never left.

"I'll grab it."

The sound of receding footsteps caused my legs to go weak with embarrassment. The quickly cooling air of the room sent shivers down my spine as the detective returned. Before I could warn him, the door swung partially open. I held the door before it could open fully and snatched the towel from his outstretched hand, quickly wrapping it around me.

"S-sorry," Sherlock stuttered, staring at the floor as the door opened entirely.

My first instinct was to be angry at him, but the sincere embarrassment on his face elicited a sigh instead of a shout of indignation. Calmly, I ensured my towel was secure before walking up to the detective and taking his hand into my own.

"Thank you," I smiled, standing on my toes to press a gentle kiss to his temple before kneeling to pick up my dirty clothes and slipping past him as he stood, frozen, in the doorway.

"Pancakes are ready!" John shouted as the detective snapped back into reality and followed me into the room.

As soon as Sherlock entered the room, he carefully shut the door behind him before turning around. The detective eyed me for a moment before coming up to me in two long strides.

"Are you alright?" he asked cautiously, copying my previous actions by grabbing my hand gently.

His breath was hot against my face, making it difficult to focus on anything other than his tantalizingly soft lips. My eyes flicked up to meet his questioningly as he went rigid. I watched as he inspected my reaction when he carefully rested his hands on my hips. A soft smile reached my lips and I nodded reassuringly. Evidently, that was all of the information the detective needed because it was only a moment later that his lips were moving against mine. As short as I am, it was difficult to reach him without allowing the towel to slide down my body as he curved his entire body into my own, making me lean back slightly. The kiss was cut short by Sherlock who pulled away and scanned my face for any sign of a reaction.

"I'm sorry," he began, "are you sure this is o-"

"Just kiss me," I whispered hoarsely, grabbing his collar to pull him towards me.

One of his hands entangled itself into my wet hair and pulled gently as to tilt my head back as his lips captured my own roughly. Our lips moved in unison for a moment before I caught his lip between my teeth an gently tugged. A sharp breath escaped the detective as I followed up the bite by running my tongue over his bottom lip questioningly. His lips parted and his tongue immediately met mine, resisting for only a moment before I tugged at his hair to catch him guard. While his guard was down, I slipped my tongue into his mouth momentarily and explored while I could until his own tongue fought back with new furiosity. Soon enough he was exploring the cavern of my mouth expertly and guiding me backwards.

We stumbled over each other but kept our balance long enough for me to reach the wall and fall against it gently without separating. A tug on my hair forced me to tilt my head back once again and expose my neck. The detective smirked at me, a carnal glint in the only part of his iris not covered by his extremely dilated pupils. As I lowered my hand to his wrist, Sherlock began planting gentle, teasing kisses on the most sensitive areas of my neck. After only a moment, his lips fell upon my sweet spot and I froze instinctively.

"Found it," he murmured before nipping at the spot hard enough to leave a mark.

A sharp gasp fell from my lips as he gently ran his warm tongue over the same area before he sucked on it roughly. One of his hands brushed the inside of my thigh just as he nibbled at the skin of my neck again, eliciting a soft moan from me as I felt my core grow increasingly hotter. Both of our breathing was heavy when a loud knock on the door caused us both to leap apart.

"Before they get cold - oh," John muttered, noticing the position we were in as he swung the door open.

"I'll be right out," I blushed, sliding out of the detective's grip and going to grab some clothes.

The doctor shook his head with a smile before shutting the door once again.

"Sherlock, can I borrow some clothes? I'll have to go grab some from my house when I get the chance. Preferably when your game with Moriarty is finished, as I would rather not have him see me walk over wearing your clothing."

The disheveled detective walked over to hand me a pair of sweats and a shirt from one of his drawers, still watching my every move intensely.

"Thank you," I said quietly, kissing his cheek before backing away.

"Could you uhm... Could you leave for a moment? Or at least turn around?" I asked, running my fingers through the mess I had made of his dark curls.

"I'm sorry-" he started apologetically.

"Sherlock for god's sake, that was amazing and if there weren't pancakes waiting I would do it again. You have nothing to apologize for, now turn around," I cut him off, throwing my hands up in exasperation.

A look of shock momentarily crossed his features, and he reached a hand up to my face slowly as his eyes conveyed his confusion.

"It shouldn't come as a shock, you're fucking amazing," I muttered before gently turning him to face the wall.

I dressed quickly, not bothering to dry off as the excitement for pancakes and the tension in this room was enough to quicken my pace. Once finished, I took Sherlock's hand into my own and dragged him out towards the welcoming smell of breakfast.