Sid's favourite place

Later that day Sid had something to show me, We walked up to his caravan but we seemed to walk pass it. We walked a bit further till we reached a huge area of water, on the other side of the lake there were trees surrounding the outline of the lake.

"I stumbled across this area on frosty morning, it was all frozen over. I remember going back to tell them about the place, then decided to move my caravan up here." Sid said.

"It's very nice, probably one of the very few untouched places in England." I said.

"Maybe, but there's a house on the other side." Sid pointed.

I sat on the grass, Sid sat next to me, Toothless laid down on the other side of me. The grass was dry, the air was still, but the clouds were a horrible grey colour.

"When the lake was frozen over, I slide stones across the top where it made a noise." Sid continued his story.

(That is actually a thing, I've done it before.)

"There's a reason behind that." I said. "But I'm not going to say."

"Is it confusing?" Sid asked.

I nodded, suddenly the air was turning cold I could feel something was going wrong.

"Do you remember Flambeau?" Sid asked.

"Huh, Flambeau?" It took me a moment to remember him. "Oh yeah I do, he tried to steal Toothless."

Toothless growled at his name. Is this why I could tell something was wrong, was he back for more trouble?

"He's been sending letters to Lady Felicia." Sid said taking out a cigarette to smoke.

Just great, now your polluting the fresh air.

"Letters?" I asked.

Sid nodded. "Love letters."

Maybe he's wondering when I'm next Kembleford, maybe he is still gonna try and steal Toothless. We sat there for a while relaxing to beautiful surroundings.

Meanwhile in Kembleford
Father brown looked at the kitchen window and saw the grey clouds, he did not like the look of them at all. He went to grab his umbrella and head out of the presbytery to see where Sid and I got to.

The priest decided to check Sid's caravan, while he was on the way a black car pulled up next him. It was the inspector and sergeant.

"Padre, what a surprise." The inspector sarcastically said. "Do you think God is mad with us again?"

"Because of the clouds?"

"If that's what you think."

"No, but I'm out looking for Sid and the girl." The father replied.

"Care to show the way" inspector Mallory replied.

That last sentence puzzled Father, why was the inspector acting like this, and why on earth would we want to know where I am in the middle of the day.