The Drive Home

I wouldn't of been stuck in the back of the inspectors car, if Sid had come along, or if my ankle was hurting so bad that I could fly with Toothless but no, since it was in serious pain I couldn't do anything.

The first five or six minutes was silence no conversation of some sort, and if there was talking it would if mostly been Inspector Mallory complaining about Goodfellow's driving. Which to me didn't seem to be anything wrong with it but Toothless said other things.

"I think I might go to sleep." I said trying to break the silence. "Mainly to take my mind off the pain."

"What do you think had happened?" Father Brown asked quite concerned.

"Either fractured, broken or sprained." I suggested.

After that was a bit more silence, so I decided to move so I could get into a more comfortable position.

"Ouch that sore." I mumbled to myself.

"You said you were going to sleep, and how can anyone sleep in a car?" The inspector asked.

"Well maybe if you're tired enough you might just be able to sleep any where." I answered. "Like boats, planes, cars, heck even in a train."

I think I got a nod in reply but I wasn't to sure.

"The inspector and I were wondering on how you even got out?" Goodfellow asked.

I nervously laughed. "Do you know how, I may disagree with it but it was the only option we could come up with."

"Dark? No mean" Mallory said

"Yes Sherlock" I confirmed.

"But I'm confused." The sergeant said.

"Long story." Father Brown said. "And I story we don't need anyone else to know." He looked at me and then the inspector, who was probably in shame. (As he should be)

What?? He should be! Stupid inspector for having it off with my best friend, both of them knew it was wrong but still they did it. Until inspector Mallory and sergeant Goodfellow went back down to Kembleford it stopped, (Hopefully) but since then I've always been against it and I always will be against it.

"Plus if more people knew things would really get out if hand..." I began. "Look just drop us off at the presbytery."

"You need a hospital." The father said sternly.

"What 1950s doctors and nurses who have no clue what to do? No thank you I'll leave it to the Griffins." I said, which was a bit rude.

"So don't go with people who don't know nothing but go with Griffins who don't know there Human Anatomy?" Inspector Mallory questioned.

"I mean the professionals of the 21st century." I corrected.

Most of the conversation was about the 21st century but then ended as I soon went to sleep. I don't remember much after that but a few mumbles here and there, and being carried? I don't know but I was in a much more comfortable place than the back seats of an 1950s police car.