Father Brown comes to visit

Father Brown always seemed to come down to the station after the suspect had been questioned. He wondered what really happened, of course he didn't think I did it but he was thinking about who would want to frame me.

He walked into the station, to see Goodfellow at the desk. Going over some paperwork he looked up when he heard the Father walk in.

"Good morning sergeant, how's has she been?" The priest asked.

"She's just been questioned, honestly I don't think it was her." Goodfellow answered.

"Hmmm" The father mumbled.

"Ahh Padre here to offer your spiritual guidance." Inspector Mallory said walking out of his office.

Father Brown nodded, reluctantly he was allowed to see me. I lied down on my back, looking up to the ceiling, but soon sat up when I saw Father Brown.

"5 minutes Padre"

Father Brown went to sit down next to me, he looked straight ahead unsure of what to say.

"How have you been?" He soon asked.

"Not to good, how can he do this to me I thought we were friends?" I asked.

"It appears I've been thinking about that as well."

"But it wasn't me, I swear"

"I know, but you gonna need to tell me what happened."

That's when I was about to explain what I remembered, but I couldn't. Which made me feel useless.

"What did you tell the inspector?" Father Brown questioned.

"Nothing, because I don't remember." I said quite miserably.

I think Father Brown was trying to remember if Mrs McCarthy got me to do something, because there was no way I could of been inside when it happened.

"Mrs M sent you and Toothless to the market didn't she?" The father asked.

I thought about it, then I tried to think back to that day.

"I think so" I replied.

Father brown spent the next few minutes advising me, what to say and do. So I didn't get into too much of a mess, but right before he was going to say don't worry about Toothless he is in good hands.

It was time for him to leave. The inspector opened the door to let Father Brown go, while I stayed in this horrible place.

"You are an idiot you know that don't you." I insulted.

Mallory slammed the door shut, again. I lied down on the block and decided to sleep so I could pass the time. Whilst thinking about what the Priest had said.