Saturday Morning

I woke up to sitting up and accidentally moving my bad foot which was followed by screaming blasphemy throughout the presbytery. Toothless rushed up the stairs to see me, he whined as he felt worried about me.

"Why does bad things always happen to good people?" I sighed laying back down in the bed.

Sid then came up the stairs and into the room given me a look of disappointment. So I shot him a look of pain.

"Father said what happened and it sounded awful, the whole fact that Flambeau was behind the lot of it." Sid said coming to sit in the end of the bed.

I nodded. "I wanna get up but I can't."

"I'll fetch the father." He said.

Sid left the room to go downstairs leaving me to work out what the hell I've done. I mean I know Flambeau and pushed me for a diversion but I didn't think the push was that hard to actually cause a lot of pain. Father Brown came into the room, the first thing he said was not to be shouting anything hurtful especially when Mrs McCarthy was around. I quickly apologised before having help to get downstairs.

"Thanks" I said, as I sat down in the kitchen chair.

"I'm surprised they didn't take you to the hospital." Sid began.

"Oh no no no no no." I replied. "Don't be offended but I rather have doctors who know what there are doing."

"Typical." Mrs McCarthy muttered.

I pretended to not hear her, she always seemed to disapprove on my actions. Toast was served on to the table as well as the fillings where served out. I helped myself to two slices with jam, it probably wasn't wise to eat but since last night I hadn't had anything. The 5 of us where settling down to enjoy breakfast even if there was a pain, more pain decided to join us.

Knocks on the door, could only mean one thing. Mrs McCarthy went to get the door and Inspector Mallory came in with his sergeant. Sid out his toast down, he knew he had come to see me but he wasn't happy.

"Oh clear off." Sid moaned.

"Sid!" Father warned.

"Fine I'll be off." Sid replied. "Have fun with your favourite." He whispered to the inspector as he walked out.

I rolled my eyes, seriously? This joke is just getting too old. Even toothless agreed, as he mumbled something to himself.

"How are you doing?" The inspector then asked.

I swallowed my toast before saying. "Not good but I'll be heading off this afternoon."

"For better treatment." Mrs McCarthy added.

I discretely rolled my eyes.

Suddenly more knocks came on the door, as it was Dark who let herself in.

"Can't believe you sometimes." She joked. "Come on I'll take you home."

I helped myself up, Toothless helped kelt me stable as we walked out of the presbytery. We swapped dragons and before taking off Dark said.

"You...know the...distraction, it wasn't my inten-" she shyly said. 

"It's fine, why should I care." I said.

The pair off us waved goodbye, as we took off in the slightly cloudy blue sky, to go back home and for professional treatment.