➼ 9

"We're going to have a play!"

You internally groan as the rest of the class cheered. Even Chaeyeon and Sumin, who sat on either side of you, were hollering. You roll your eyes at their unsought outburst. You tune everyone out as you rest your cheek on your palm, looking out the window and taking in the view.

"(f/n) would like to volunteer!"

Your head quickly jerks up upon hearing a familiar voice declare it loud and proud. It was an indubitable prediction, seeing as Chaeyeon was smirking down at you. Beside you, Sumin gently placed her hand on your shoulder while giving you an apologetic smile. Your anxiousness grows as each second passes by that neither of your friends explain what was going on.

"Okay, I don't see anyone objecting to that, so (f/n) it is!" The teacher announces.

"Chae! What did you get me into?" You whisper angrily.

"Main cast." She shrugs before taking a seat.

You give her a horrified look, but she ignores you. You turn to look at Sumin with the same expression, but she couldn't really do anything but smile sheepishly.

"Moving on, who could play the role of the main male cast?"

The room grew lively as the boys started to talk amongst themselves. You roll your eyes, standing up to leave the room. It was a bit too much for you to grasp at the moment, so you made your way to the bathroom to freshen up.

However, before you could leave the room, the door slams open. It revealed the principal looking not so pleased, while a figure stood behind him.

"I'm sorry to disturb the class, but are you planning for the upcoming play?" He asks.

"Y-Yes, we are, sir." The teacher replies.

"Good, then I think Mr. Yoongi here would be more than willing to participate."

He casually steps aside, allowing Yoongi to face the class. He grimaces at this, especially with the attention diverted to him. Everyone was silent as they watched Yoongi make his way to his seat without any further complaints.

"Mr. Yoongi had been cutting class. He had been sleeping on the rooftop, blasting and composing hip-hop songs all day. I'm sure he wouldn't mind being a scriptwriter then." The principal scoffs before leaving.

An awkward silence settled in the room, combined with Yoongi's antagonizing aura. All heads turned to the teacher, waiting for a remark. He shifted a bit before finally speaking up.

"I-I guess it's settled then. Yoongi for scriptwriter." He quietly announces.

ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ

The school bell finally rang and the students slowly departed from the room. Despite wanting to leave as well, you stay glued to your seat as you wait for the class committee meeting to start. Pursing your lips out, you twirl your finger around your hair in boredom as the rest of the people settle in.

"Hey, where do you think you're going?"

Your head turns to the figure who stood by the door with his bag in hand, his back faced to you. The man only sighs before spinning to meet the class' gaze.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm leaving." He answers.

"You can't leave, you're our scriptwriter!"

"Like you'll even need my help. You don't want me here and I obviously don't want to be here either." He shrugs, hand lingering on the door handle.