c. three

I silently thanked whoever decided on the colour of my skin as I felt my cheeks bursting into flames at his touch. I tried desperately to focus on what was really going on, but it was as though the circles he was rubbing on my chin managed to rub away all thought...

I looked up, looking at the two accompanying him, a male and a female stood either side of him and they were breathtakingly gorgeous. The man to his left was of a much leaner physique although muscle encased his small frame. His skin was evenly tanned and he had a well-structured face, with high cheek bones and a sharp, angular jawline. His lips were red and finally I rose to his eyes. They were a bright grey colour, so peculiar against his skin. But it was truly mesmerizing. As I made eye contact, he gave me a boyish grin, leaning over the office chair in which he sat in and giving me a wink. I offered him a shy smile in return. My eyes turned over to the woman and my lips parted slightly. I looked over her features once and a pang of jealousy came over me as I glanced at him. She had honey coloured skin and long and healthy chocolate coloured hair. Her eyebrows were arched, holding deep pools of dark chocolate eyes. Her long thick eyelashes brushed her cheekbones as she blinked softly and her lips were plump and pouty, glossed over with a deep red colour. She offered me a nod in greeting. She was equally as breathtaking as the man. And then I turned to him. His orbs of green bore into me, encased by long thick eyelashes. I felt as though in that moment he was tearing me apart with his gaze, seeing the monster within. His skin was smooth and held a beautiful sun kissed complexion. His nose was well structured, the bridge straight and narrow. My eyes followed the trail of his nose down to his lips and my heart skipped a beat. They were a dusty rose colour and plump. He licked over his lips and it was when I realized what I was thinking about did I stop myself in my tracks. I looked back up into his eyes and opened my mouth to speak, but no words came. He let go of my chin, seeming reluctant to do so.

"How foolish of me. What's your name, luna?" he asked, eyes watching me calculatively. I looked down into my lap, unable to hold his intense gaze. It stirred something within me. My head quirked slightly to the side at the pet name, but I thought nothing of it.

"Celeste, Celeste Alderson." I said, feigning confidence. He hummed in approval, repeating the name as if testing the way it felt on his tongue. He gestured to the man beside him, telling me his name was Benjamin and then he gestured the lady beside him, telling me hers was Catori.

"Now tell me, Celeste, what was Albert talking about when he said you'd been bruised?" he asked me, his jaw clenching tight, an underlying anger about him as he spoke.

"I was attacked, I-I was coming home late," I lied simply, unable to help but stutter. As I said this, he tensed in his chair, his hands resting on the arms of the chair bore white knuckles as he gripped them extremely tight. He began to breathe deeply and Catori placed her hand upon his shoulder and I winced at their contact. Why it bothered me so much was beyond me.

"Did they do anything else to you?" he asked sternly, between laboured breaths. His eyes seemed to be far darker, but I thought nothing of it.

"They tried to take my money, but I didn't have any and so they beat me, but let me go." I said unsteady under his harsh gaze. His eyes lit up with rage as I spoke but he seemed to contain it. He rubbed his chin, shoving Catori's hand away from his shoulder, and I released a breath I hadn't even realized I was holding as her hand fell away from him.

"Did you call the police?" he asked.

"No." I replied meekly.

"Why not?!" he barked out at me and I winced at the sound, rendered speechless, "For harming you they deserve to di-" he shouted again, but stopped himself half way, looking down at my frightened form.