c. fourty four

RECAP: Celeste is in a cell in Nero's home, after discovering his grim intentions to kill her on the night of the full moon, to take her powers from her. Powers she herself is yet to understand. Meanwhile, Sebastian had been driven mad by her absence having searched tirelessly for her for days, until one night they are visited by someone familiar.

*

When I next awoke, I was back in my cell, and it was night time. I looked up through the small window, hoping to catch a glimpse of the moon. He said he'd needed a full moon. I found that I wasn't bound any longer and found myself able to stand. I stood on unstable legs, and pulled myself to the small window, peering out into the crip night. The window was a thin slit, barely enough for my whole head, and so my chin and forehead were pressed into the cool concrete walls and I took a deep breath of the crisp night air before I opened my eyes, looking up into the night sky. Ominously rising over the treeline was the moon - swollen and full. At most I'd have a few hours before they'd come for me. I let out a deep breath, before looking up at the moon, silver and beautiful however the moment was bittersweet. As graceful and beautiful as it was, all it would do for me on this occasion was bring about my death.

At the thought of the end, I thought back to the moment when I first truly felt alive. Meeting Sebastian. I thought of his green eyes, the way they were framed so inexplicably perfectly by those long lashes of his. I thought of the way his nose thin and narrow stood so proudly on his face, a perfect runway down to the plump pinkness of his lips all gift wrapped by his strong well defined jaw. His perfect head, held up high far above my own head by a body like that of the greek gods I'd spent my earlier years learning about. I thought of the way his muscles rippled with each small movement, as if ready to attack at any moment like the apex predator he was. And enveloping his body was a scent like no other, and it was when I felt the hot tears sliding down my cheeks did I realize that there was nothing in this world I wouldn't do to just smell that scent once more, even if only for a fleeting moment. Because I loved it. I was unashamed to admit, it was only now that I'd come to the conclusion, that I loved him. And I'd never get to tell him that. Benjamin, Irene and even Catori's malevolent glares too. I loved them. I wanted so desparately to tell them that, I wished I could scream it out and wished the wind would carry my message. That I loved them. At this point, I was crying profusely, and simply at the thought of my own tears, I thought of my parents. I didn't know if they were alive or dead, but I loved them too. The brother that had died to save me, I felt as though I'd disappointed him, as in the end, the person he fought to protect me from, had me here in his home and was ready to kill me.

With one last breath of the outside world, I found myself sliding down the wall, right in the corner and wrapping my arms around myself and cried. I opened the floodgates of my heart and I cried as though I had never once shed a tear in my life. I didn't want to feel anymore, and so allowed my eyes to close and hoped sleep would take me in its arms just once more. And it so graciously did.

All too quickly, I awoke confused as I felt myself confused as I sat up from the immaculate white tiling on the floor. Ahead of me seemed to be a path laid out by the tall thick pillars that rose up into a ceiling obscured by clouds and everything around me was glowing softly. I stood and found myself walking ahead aimlessly.

"Celeste," I heard from behind me, and turned to find her. Looking exactly as I remebered her, with smooth milky skin and raven black hair, as her head was crowned by a wreath of light, although her  eyes glowed so vividly purple. She smiled warmly.

"I know you may be wondering why I've come to you now, but please come," she said, extending her hand towards me, "There is something you must see."