c. seventeen

Hours had passed, and the sun was setting and Benjamin sat by my side on the balcony from his bedroom as we gazed up at the warm sunset colours. We were in a comfortable silence and we had been for a while. I thought briefly of the last time I'd gazed up at the sunset, and I refused to let the memories taint the peaceful moment. I turned to Benjamin, seeing his golden hue tinted with the deep reds and pinks of the sky.

"It's strange for you to be this quiet," I said with a small laugh, my eyes never once wavering from the sky.

"Just because I'm not using my mouth, does not mean I am quiet," he replies with a sigh, and I turn to see him tap his head, as he turns giving me a once over. I turn towards him, placing one leg over the other and I turned to gaze at him, placing a hand gently on his forearm.

I see his jaw clench and I start to pull my hand away before he begins to speak.

"I want what you have, Celeste," he says, gazing up and the darkening sky. "I've scoured the planet for her," he says, and his voice starts to break. My heart aches for him as I look up at him, my ears open as he pours his heart out.

"How many centuries will I wait to find her," he says, looking down and I see tears beginning to form in his eyes as he turns away, quickly blinking to disperse them.

"Y'know, I once had a wife," he begins, his voice steady.

"Beautiful human woman, I loved her, truly," he continued, lowering his head onto the back of the chairs we sat sprawled across, closing his eyes and taking slow deep breaths. "She wasn't my mate, so I couldn't mark her. If I did it would have killed her, and like humans do, she grew, only to die in my very arms." He said, and I clasped my hand around his forearm, and he turned his gaze towards me, his eyes opening and I noticed the red hue left by the tears threatening to fall.

"I visit her sometimes y'know, her grave I mean, it makes me feel less lonely," he says, with a small laugh and we share a moment of silence.

It hurt me to think of Benjamin hurting, as I'd only ever seen him smile and laugh, and suddenly the longing gazes I always noted in his eyes made sense, and my heart bled as I looked up at the man I'd come to think of as a brother. 

"Good things come to those who wait, Benjamin," I say, looking up into his eyes. "And I know it's hard, but I know when you find her, it will be magical,"

He snorts and I look up at him.

"Of course it will, I'm certainly not gonna wait as long as Sebastian is waiting," and as the weight of his words sank in, the boyish grin having returned to his face, I smacked his forearm playfully and we both chuckled with one another. Over the balcony from the edge of the forest I saw Sebastian's powerful wolf quickly closing the distance between us and I got up, leaning over the balcony, as his gaze locked with mine. Benjamin laughed behind me and stood, simply walking out, and I groaned as I heard him shout.

"Catori! Start planning a baby shower!"

Sebastian had began to run fast and unexpectedly dug his paws into the ground and launched himself upwards, shifting in mid-air, his eyes never once leaving my own, and I did well to ignore anything that were below his navel as he stood there, stark naked.

His hand raised to touch my cheeks and he closed his eyes, taking deep breaths.

"You'll have to forgive me," he begins, his voice frigid, "You aren't ready, and I didn't want to lose control." I placed my hands over his own that were rested on my cheeks and offered him a smile, gently nodding having accepted his apology.

"I missed you," I blurted out, and a grin broke out on his face, spreading a warm feeling through out my body.

"Did you now? Perhaps I'll have to arrange another 'date' to make up for it," he says, his grin becoming a sly smirk.

I remembered our date, and heat crept to my cheeks at the memory and I nodded vehemently.

"When will I be able to shift?" I asked him, "If I were able too, I could've joined you?" I asked thoughtfully and he smiled.

"Usually, the first shift is around twelve years old, and well, you're evidently not twelve, so I can imagine it'll take a while before your lycan has become strong enough to shift," he says, taking my hand and leading me into the bedroom.

I sit on the bed as he pulls out some shorts from Benjamin's cupboard, easily slipping them on, and easily the knot that had formed in my stomach loosened. In a blur we were back out on the balcony, and I was sat atop Sebastian's lap. Noticing his tense body, I didn't bother moving and simply nestled my head into his neck and wrapped my arms around his bare torso, pleasurable heat swarming at the places in which our skin touched.

"Does it hurt?" I asked.

"It's excruciating, and I can only imagine it will be worse for you," he says sighing, placing his nose into my dark curls, taking deep breaths.

"Well, now I simply can't wait!" I said, my voice laced with sarcasm. His chest rumbled with laughter and I smiled at the sound.

"I can't lie to you," he says simply and I hum, in approval. Silence befalls us, and as the sky darkens, my eyelids slowly become heavier.

"What are we going to do?" I sigh, my eyes barely open as some stars begin to twinkle in the sky above. 

"We're going to find out who's doing this and we're going to kill them," he says, his voice having become hard.

"What if they get to me first?" I push, my fears bubbling up to the surface in my tiredness.

"I'd tear them apart before they lay a single hair on your head," he says, and I didn't doubt his promise at all.

"Sleep, my luna," he says, his hand gently rubbing up and down my arm. "I'll be here when you wake up, always,"

And I complied, falling asleep, bathed in the glow of the rising moon and the warmth Sebastian provided.

________________

I hope this was good and you guys liked it! It's not as long as the others, only about 1050 words and it was a bit of a fluffy filler. I started feeling pretty sick, but I did want to get a chapter out to you guys, so I cut this one a bit short

9k VIEWS!! I'm so happy!

I'm really not feeling good, so I'm headed to sleep, I'll reply to your comments when I get back from school tomorrow!

love x

-mrs gandy